Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Ainsley

My friend, Hailey, took these photos of Ainsley while we were at her home one evening a few weeks ago.... and all I can say is, these are as "Ainsley" as it gets! She was definitely in her element!







Yeah, that was a load of photos to post. But I'm a doting mother.

At seventeen months, little Ains is still a little monster. She is as stubborn as they come, but so, so sweet! When I say she is in her element in these photos, it's because the kid LOVES water! I have to keep my bedroom door closed, or she darts right back to the bathtub and turns on the water. I can't tell you how many times I have caught her in there absolutely drenched. She will sit on the sprinkler if the kids are out running through the sprinkler. She is taking swimming lessons right now, and I can't believe how awesome she is doing. It is the cutest thing to see her floating on her back! I'll have to post a video of it sometime.

Anyway, she is learning new words all the time. Among her favorites: "no-no," "thank you," "no-no," "DADDY!!!!," "no-no," "hello," "I love you," and "no-no!" She also likes to neigh like a horse, bark like a dog, and meow like a cat. She wakes up with a huge grin every morning, and waves and blows kisses to random strangers wherever we go.

I LOVE THIS KID!!!

7 comments:

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Those pictures are darling! What a cute little girl. Thanks for sharing.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

love that Ainsley.

Jessie said...

She is so big Jen! She wasn't even walking the last time I saw her....{tear}

These pictures are adorable! I want to squeeze her!

Abbey said...

Ainsley is so adorable. I love the look she gives in all the photo...kind of like what's the big deal, I'm getting wet.

Shar said...

Wow! She is getting big! I can't believe it. I remember holding her in the hospital!

Anonymous said...

They have got to be the cutest pictures ever! xo

Devon said...

Those pictures are amazing! She looks so happy all wet, and I'm very impressed with all her words! And only 17 months old? Maddox is 20 months now and he still can't say Mama (much to my regret!) But he's coordinated, so maybe we'll hope for some kind of sports scholarship eventually, since we're not holding out for him being a rocket scientist!