Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An Organized Life....is a GREAT life!


Um, yeah. I KNOW it's been months.


So, a couple of years ago (just going into 2008), I recall making the New Years Resolution to become more disciplined. Two years later, I am finally making some headway... I think...

It all started with some organization classes my Relief Society started holding on Wednesday nights. I thought it sounded like something I'd be interested in, so I decided to attend the 8-week program. I'm sure some of the ladies in my ward will laugh when I say this, but I have to admit that these classes have totally transformed my life! Why?

MY HOUSE IS CLEAN!

(Please don't faint, Mom)


So why is having a clean house so transforming? Well, for me, everything all starts with my house. I cannot function at my best if my house is messy. Not that my house was always a disaster, but I just never felt like my housekeeping jobs were ever FINISHED, therefore I never wanted to start on them. But these days, usually by around 9am (remember I'm an early-riser), I can check housekeeping off my list and not worry about it for the rest of the day! !

Anyway, there's a lot more detail to it all, and it is applying to more areas of my life than just housekeeping. But my point is, I am getting my house in order, and it feels great! I've got more time on my hands, and I feel a semblance of control in my life. So I just HAD to let everyone know how excited I am about it!

Anyway, back to the fact that I haven't posted on my blog for months... It's okay. I'm starting fresh (again). My plan is to post something weekly from now on, and I am really going to put an honest effort into it. I even have it planned into my schedule... (don't laugh. and no taking bets on how long this "new me" is going to last).

8 comments:

gillman said...

jen, your girls are just adorable!!! i think you need to tell me how you are done by 9am every morning!!! lets get that lunch date planned!
meg :0)

Anonymous said...

Your girls are darling! They have sure grown up! Due tell about what helped you - seriously! It is my dream right now to get organized and in order. Fill me in on what has worked - I could REALLY use some good tips. Way to go! I bet it feels great!

Jen Tornow said...

Kerri, go to houseoforder.com. Marie Ricks is the lady who taught the classes, and it was just what I needed. She has a handbook available on the website that you can purchase. The class agenda was based off that handbook. Hopefully it is as motivating as the classes were!

Abbey said...

Jen, Your girls are too cute! They have grown up so much! We miss you guys tons. Congrats on the organization. I could use a little of that inspiration myself.
Come see us!
Abbey

Rachel said...

Love the purple in the new family picture! Good to see you blogging again!

Johnson said...

Yea jen! I am so proud of you!! Keep up the blogging...I need some support in doing mine too~!!!

Anonymous said...

HOORAH - you updated your blog? You MUST BE getting organized! Just kidding. I'm really proud of you; you're doing a good job. And I love the picture of the girls; it's so, so cute. xo

Gaby said...

The girls' haircuts are so cute. I love them! Hope everything is good.