Thursday, December 1, 2011

Let the Countdown Begin!



We are excited for the Christmas season at our house! Decorations are up (I think this was a record for me to have them up before December this year), and the kids are excited!

We recently sold our home in American Fork and moved to Highland, UT. We found a home to rent in a great neighborhood, and hope to be able to stay until we find a home to buy. We sure miss our old neighborhood and neighbors, but have felt very welcomed at our new place.

It is so much fun to see the girls' excitement for Christmas. And they are trying to be very good so that Santa will bring them some fun gifts. Funny story about that. The other day, Ainsley came into the bathroom as I was getting ready, and I could tell she was trying to hide a second string cheese behind her back, when she had just finished eating one.

I said, "Ains, didn't you already eat a string cheese?"
"No..." I knew that wasn't true, as I could see the remnants of the string cheese in her teeth.
"You know, Heavenly Father knows when you are telling the truth or not."
With an evil smile, "Who's Heavenly Father?" (Obviously, I'm doing a GREAT job teaching her the important stuff!)
So I tried another tactic. "Santa also knows if you are telling the truth or not."
She stood there for a second, contemplating that. "I'll go put it in the garbage."

She's such a character! I so love these little girls.

Anyway, this is just short, but I wanted to get something posted. Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

1 comment:

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

a tornow post??? im thrilled!
nont that you moved though. i dont like it.