Tuesday, October 16, 2007

AAAAARRRRGGHHH!!!!!!

So I am a nervous wreck! I'm just puttering around the house, praying, and being nervous. Derrick is currently at a meeting with the City Council, and they are deciding if they are going to let us open the restaurant. HU? Yeah, that's right. We got a permit from the city months ago and have been working like crazy to get this restaurant open. Then, just three or four weeks before we open, the owner of Quizno's, with whom we share a parking lot, has decided that there isn't enough parking for our restaurant. First of all (and I wish I had started writing about this when it all came about because there are so many fun details---but I'll give you the summary), if you were to come and look at the parking lot at any time of day, you would see that THERE IS NO PARKING ISSUE!!! However, after working with the city planning and zoning department, the owner of the buildings has had the parking lot restriped to provide more than enough parking. But does that make the Quizno's guy happy? NO! He got himself invited to a city council meeting, gave them his side of the story, and one of the members of the council has decided she wants to make an issue out of this. So now everyone's lawyers are involved and are currently at a meeting as we speak. (By the way, if you want to read one of the news articles about this whole deal, here's the link: http://www.daily-times.com/news/ci_7143018)

Anyway, I really feel pretty good that this will all work out, but I'm still nervous. I know that either way, Heavenly Father wants us here. So there will be no regrets there. But I want Derrick to know how impressed I have been with him during this whole process. He has really tried to be a good, honest person, so I hope that those who will be making the decision will realize how much we are trying to contribute to the community. I am also thankful for all of the wonderful people there are here in this community, as well as back in Utah, who have shown their support for us.

So, I will just continue puttering around the house until I get a call from Derrick....I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the added stress. I hope everything works out okay! It is the pits when there are kinks that come up. You guys have been working so hard! I hope things go how you want them to.

Jules said...

Oh, man, I hope it all works out! I am sure that you didn't need to be worried about that! I think I read good new though!