Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Update

I'm really not trying to be a slacker, I promise! We've just been extra busy around here lately, so I haven't had time to update our blog, or to really visit any, either. This won't be the greatest post, but if I don't get these pictures up now, I probably won't!

DISCLAIMER: Before you look further on this post and see the most recent pictures of me, please know that you may be shocked at my enormous size. But just so you know, I ALREADY KNOW I'm huge! So please don't judge! The fact that I'm even posting pictures of me in this embarrassing state is a big deal for me. So no thoughts of "Oooh...Jen's really let go of herself," or "Wow, is that a whale? No, maybe it's a hippo," or "That poor Derrick. He could do better..." etc. I've already thought of them all, and already have a plan set to reach that goal of mine to be back in shape within 6 months of giving birth to this precious little baby who's almost here! (Which, by the way, I went to the Dr. yesterday and I haven't dilated a bit! This baby is in for the long haul!)

CHRISTMAS 2007 Update Our Christmas Card (which you should have received in the mail)

The "Cleanest" present-opener ever!
Cecily had to throw away EACH piece of wrapping paper she ripped off...you can imagine how long it took to open gifts!

Our Little Bag Lady
You wouldn't believe how much this girl can carry!


CANCUN 2008!
Derrick and I took a little getaway to Cancun a couple of weeks ago. It was nice to spend some time together, but I sure missed Cecily!! I didn't realize until we got home that we didn't take any pictures of the beach or where we stayed with my camera. We got it on our camcorder, however, so I'll have to download some video later.


On the bus

Derrick made friends with the band at a fun mexican restaurant we went to. He had a great time speaking spanish to the people who lived in Cancun.

At our hotel lounge watching this hilarious old couple dancing. They had about as much rhythm as Derrick and I do. But I have to hand it to them for having the guts to get up and dance! (we got them on video, so you may see me post it later) And, no, I'm not as wasted as I look! I had a cold and my eyes totally swelled up!

Chichen ItzaI'm such a hottie.

It was raining this day, but it was still so nice (and warm enough) to go sit by the ocean.

Another one of Derrick's friends.

Little Miss Cecily
It was so much fun to come home to this little girl! Thanks to Grandma Thomas for driving all the way down to NM to watch her!
Cecily and her friend Aqua playing dress-up.

13 comments:

Megan B said...

I, for one, don't think you look fat at all. I think you look ADORABLE!

Layne & Kellie said...

So fun see your update. I love hearing about what's going on. I agree, I do NOT think you look big at all... you look fabulous. I'm excited that you are not too off from having another cute girl. Cecily is so cute. Love the fairy costumes!

Jen Tornow said...

Okay, I SERIOUSLY did not write this post so that you could all tell me that I look great! You are TOO SWEET!!! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got a little get-away before the new baby arrives. It will be here before you know it.
You look great too!

Shar said...

I'm glad you had fun, but we sure missed you guys.

We're glad you're back and I'm SO excited for you to have that baby!!!

Dottie Stay said...

Yeah, I know you didn't post so we would tell you that you look absolutely fantstic! But...YOU DO!! What in the world are you talking about! Um hello!? Who are you looking at. Derrick totally scored with you..I mean you know what I mean. Anyway, I am so glad that you got to get away and party with the hubby. You don't worry about anything. Just enjoy your baby and give yourself a break. I just love you and you remember that!

Karin said...

Hurray, I've missed you! Cancun? How fun. Maybe had you hiked up tose stairs in Chichen you would be dilated... (ok, I didn't hike 'em and I wasn't even close to pregnant...) I say enjoy pregnancy, regardless of the extra poundage- and 6 months? Ahh- go for a year and enjoy post-pregnancy, too:)!

Johnson said...

Yeah! It is so good to hear from you! I have wondered what has been going on. I think you look absolutely darling. You are tiny. If you want to see a monster when she is pregnant it is me. At about 3 months along people always think I am having twins!! Sad! I am so excited for you and your sisters having babies at the same time. You and Lisa are just on a little schedule together!!! Can't wait to hear about the new baby!!!

Michelle Y said...

Jen, it sounds like you guys had such a blast, I'm so happy you two were able to get away. You look absolutely adorable pregnant too!! Fun to hear about what has been going on for you.

Rachel said...

I have no idea what you are talking about. You look great! I can't believe you are down to a month! It has gone by so quickly. Cecily is so cute, as always. Mexico looks like a lot of fun! Good for you and your hubby for taking time away before life gets crazier!

Renee said...

Glad to see your back! There are just not enough hours in the day. You don't look terrible either - just prego! Thanks for posting the pictures. I am glad you had a chance to get away before baby number two arrives. We are all waiting for the big news and pictures! Good luck in the next few weeks! :)

Michele said...

Jen,

I am glad you found my blog even though I am terrible at blogging and keeping things current. It is exciting that we are both on baby number two and both having girls. We have had to buy everything new because we are used to a boy around here, but it has been fun. Thanks for the name suggestion, it is a cute name. I have your cute little nephew Ian in my class. He is such a sweetheart! My best behaved boy by far and he looks so much like your side of the family. It was good to hear from you and good luck with the baby!

Tiffany said...

Looks like such a fun time!!! I think you look great! Doesn't disliking your body come with pregnancy?!? I gained another 5 pounds in a month, so I am feeling large too. But I think you look great! I'm glad you got to get away together, looks like fun. Cecily is such a cutie. She is such a mini-Derrick.