Thursday, December 27, 2007

A New Year...A New Me?

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas!! We sure did! We got to go up to Utah for a few days (we decided that we much prefer the "less wet" weather here in NM), and stayed with Derrick's parents. Shonnie (D's mom) is one of those women who TOTALLY decorates for Christmas! It was so much fun to be in her home and see all of her fun decorations. I have no idea where she gets the drive to do it all! What a BIG job!

Cecily had so much fun seeing all of her cousins while we were in town. I think she gets a little bit lonesome when she is at home alone with me. She got spoiled rotten for Christmas, but hey, she was a REALLY good girl this year---at least her grandparents and Santa sure thought so! :)

As 2008 gets closer, I've been thinking a lot lately about what my New Year's Resolutions will be. I'm going to post them, and maybe that will give me more of an inclination to actually accomplish them!!

1. Become more disciplined. I don't know if it has just been this pregnancy, or what, but I have been noticing lately that I haven't been accomplishing as many things as I'd like to be, so I have been evaluating how I spend my time and see that I can make a lot of changes that will help me to be more productive. But I need to really discipline myself to follow through, so that is why I have chosen this as a resolution.
2. Get back in shape within 6 months of having the baby. Yes, of course this one is on my list! I hope to do it faster than 6 months, but I'm being realistic. If I end up with a broken tail bone again (yes, Cecily broke my tail bone when I gave birth to her! That was a REALLY fun recovery...very slow), it will be a while before I can function, let alone sit, properly! Anyway, my beloved bloggers had better call me on this one! I'm tired of being a fatty!
3. Increase my knowledge of the Gospel. This last year, as we have read scriptures together as a family, I have really learned a lot and my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ has really grown. However, I have realized that I don't know some details as well as I would like. So I have decided that this is something I want to work on this year, so that I can be more confident in my knowledge of the Gospel.

So that's it! If you have any tips on what works for you in any of these subjects, I'd love to hear them. Also, I'd love to hear what YOUR resolutions are! So SHARE!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great resolutions! I am so bad at keeping mine every year.
Hey, about your last resolution "increase your knowledge of the Gospel", let's plan another trip back to the Sacred Grove and Palmyra! I am sure Derrick would be up for the Vermont pancakes!!!

Rachel said...

Good luck! My resolution is to lose my baby weight too! It's been five months now and I've got about 10 lbs to go! My new resolution should be to lay off the treats- then maybe it'll be easier to get rid of the last ten lbs!

Anonymous said...

I admire you for even thinking about resolutions at this point. I gave up years ago! Yes, Cecily was a very good girl last year; in fact she's ALWAYS good. XOxo

Dramatic Imaging said...

Funny, is there a reason we have the exact same resolutions (but I have about 10 more)... pathetic. Thanks for the party and sorry we had to leave. You guys are so much fun and I better see a clip of "D"singing "It wasn't me"!

Dottie Stay said...

You are fantastic! Giving yourself six months!! Man, give yourself a break!! I swear it takes me at least six months to feel normal and then to think about getting back down. What a task! I think you are wonderful, and close to perfection, and hey, you can't improve on that!

Tiffany said...

Jen, don't have a heart attack, but I updated my blog. :) It was so fun to see you guys and see how big Cecily is getting. Good job making new years resolutions! You inspired me. My resolution is to make new years resolutions. I promise to not be so antisocial on my blog. :) I can't believe your due date is coming up so soon! We are so excited for you guys and can't believe it's here! You didn't look far enough along to be due so soon. Are you so excited? Hope you had a fun Christmas in Utah!!! :)

Annie said...

Good luck with all those resolutions. I have pretty much the same ones. Give yourself a break, though. Bringing a baby into the world is a whole lot of work!

Layne & Kellie said...

I hope your resolutions go good. I'm in definite need of discipline. I used to be a morning person and so diligent about reading my scriptures but ever since Owen came I feel like I have gone down hill. I can't believe you only have two months to go!! I'm so excited for you!

Natalie said...

Great resolutions! Mine are pretty similar. Now to work them!

The Griffins said...

Jen,

You are so cute!... and seriously motivated. Way to go! How are things going for you? Do you feel like you want to pop yet? I do. I'm struggling to walk at thins point. :] I can't believe that about your tailbone! Good luck with that. I didn't even know it was possible!
Apes

jennie said...

Great goals Jen! I can't believe you only have 46 days left! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on resolutions! I can't believe you only have 44 days left!!! I'm soon to follow - eek! Hope you are feeling well. Have you hit the nesting zone yet? It is my favorite I get so much accomplished - plus my house could really use the extra attention.

Tiffany said...

Hello? Anyone there? Your friendly reminders to update my blog a little while ago were a good push for me to update my blog, so I thought I would return the favor. It's almost been a month Jen. What's new? Are you so crazy busy? Are you using all your time to make big birthday plans? Are you all ready for baby? You are almost down to a month, how are you feeling? Just wanted to see how you are doing!!!

KTLADY said...

Hi there! I met you guys the other day at the restaurant out front... and realized I didn't even tell you who we were! I found your blog through a long "chain" of blogs I frequent... I hope that doesn't scare you!! I hope you guys are enjoying living here. By the way, I'm Katie, and my husband is Nathan. We have two boys... our oldest is 2 (3 in May), & our youngest was born 3 weeks ago. Check out our blog if you'd like. See you at Stake Conference!!

Rebecs said...

Where'd you go?