Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's Christmastime!!

We decorated our Christmas Tree for Family Home Evening last Monday. Cecily had a ball! However, mom and dad did have to do a bit of "de-clumping" after Cecily went to sleep. She really loved the job of placing the ornaments, but thought they looked best in just one certain area of the tree.

I bought new ornaments this year to go with our new bigger tree (I love Costco! I even drove it all the way from the Lehi Costco down to NM. Totally worth it)! I decided to go with a brown and gold theme. Here's the Finished Product (thanks to Derrick---because I have no skill at decorating a tree, and he gets his talent from his mom):


The pictures don't really do it justice, I think. There's nothing better than sitting in a dark room with your family with just the tree lit up. It makes me feel like a little kid!

Some Pix of our Cool Kid

I can just imagine the cavities growing...Getting all clean...

Yep, there WAS a cute little girl there under all that sticky candy!

This picture is actually for my mom. I've been meaning to show her the new rug I bought for our dining table (yes we are SLOWLY, but surely decorating our house). It was interesting how much a rug made this room so much more cozy. And we even got it on sale!!

15 comments:

Karin said...

LOVE the tree! You guys do great work- fun to let Cecily in on the decorating too. Looks like she's inherited her dad and grandma's decorative touch! And your new rug is very cool; cozy indeed!

Jen said...

So cute. Love the tree, love the kid, love the rug! :) We sure do miss you up here. Are you coming for Christmas?

Shar said...

Ba da da da da... I'm lovin' it. And it is WAY more beautiful in person. You're right, the pictures just don't do it justice.

Megan B said...

It all turned out so pretty! Love it!

Nieldfam said...

BeAUtIfuL tree! We got the same one at Costco! Ces is always dressed so CUTE!

Nieldfam said...

BeAUtIfuL tree! We got the same one at Costco! Ces is always dressed so CUTE!

Tiffany said...

Your tree is so cute! Although I have to say I am partial to the naughty bears you used to have on your tree. :) I know everytime you post pictures I always say Cecily is getting so big, but she totally is! She is looking like a little girl. Is she excited for her little sister to come? Your new rug is cute!

Rachel said...

What a beautiful tree! i also love the rug and the table. Your house must be beautiful! Love the picture of Cecily sleeping with the blue lips!

crystal said...

Fabulous-o tree! I love the ribbon cascading down...so pretty!

Dottie Stay said...

Derrick, will you come and decorate my house? When will you guys be here next? Merry Christmas!!

Sharlynn said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love your tree. It is beautiful. Cecily did a great job!

Jenee Zirker said...

Cecily is so darling you just want to squeeze her. Your tree is amazing. I must say I've yet to de-clump where our kids put the ornaments. It's so much fun.

Wendi said...

Your tree looks gorgeous. I, like the rest of the world, love Costco! Merry Christmas!

Layne & Kellie said...

Love the tree. You tree makes mine look like a Charlie Brown tree ;) he he he Great job on it! Layne and I love to sit in a dark room only lit by the Christmas tree.

P.S. Love your rug too!

Annie said...

Fantastic! We bought a new tree from Costco this year, too. I love it!