Saturday, December 15, 2007

Hide and Go Seek

The other day, we received a loaf of yummy banana bread from someone who knows Derrick from the restaurant. Anyway, I cut a piece for Cecily while we were eating lunch there at Costa Vida and she really liked it. Then I put the loaf in my purse to take home. Well, when Derrick asked for it later, I couldn't find it. I figured it must have fallen out of my purse into the car or something, but I totally forgot about it after that. A couple of days later, it was really quiet at home, so I went to go look for Cecily...

She loves to hide from me. She is really good at being very quiet until I find her. Among her favorite hiding spots: The back of her closet and inside boxes. Well, she has a new hiding spot. This is the spot she reserves for doing "bad deeds," I have decided. I found her in her room hiding in the corner behind her art easel, between her rocking chair and toy chest. She had 2 pairs of scissors back there with her and she was trying to open a bag of shoes I had bought for the baby. Guess what else was back there with her? THE BANANA BREAD!

You could tell she had used the scissors to get the bag open, and it was about 1/3 eaten. I can't tell if she had used her mouth or her hand to break the pieces of bread off, but it was in pretty sad condition. I wish now that I had taken a picture, but I was seriously in hysterics laughing because it was so pathetic to see! Anyway, as I was cleaning up the mess, I also found gum and candy wrappers, among other things Cecily knows she only gets if she's lucky. So...yes, she is definitely growing up, and she's definitely not the "perfect" child I have always thought she was. And YES, I still love her to pieces!

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm sure EVERY kid has their moments! :) I think it's hilarious that she is all sneaky about it. I love seeing her younger pictures. Sorry about the Target incident, that's not very encouraging! :) I want to send Cecily a yoyo for Christmas!!! :)

Dottie Stay said...

That is adorable! How smart is she? That is genius to have a perfect little hiding spot. What a doll!

Jen said...

So cute! I would want the banana bread all to myself, too!

Annie said...

Isn't it funny that whenever it gets really quiet in the house, the naughty-radar turns on and we just know something is up. What a cutie!

crystal said...

That's about how I put on a bra.

Seriously, she is so funny! I love how she knew to go hide in her happy place to eat a goodie.

Johnson said...

That is funny because Greg finds me in my secret hiding spot with empty wrappers from goodies all around me. I think that is the cutest story. My mom use to find me in the drier when I was in trouble. The first time she was looking for me forever and finally decided to look in the drier. I had fallen asleep and I had put clothes over my head just incase she looked in there. She took a picture and I must admit it is one of my favorites. Banana bread sounds really good right now!!

Rachel said...

What a funny story! Isn't it great to find little "presents" around the house?

Karin said...

Sneaky, sneaky- i LoVe 2 year olds!- i thought of you during my brief Albuquerque layover today... hope you're feeling well, despite the tantrums of an adorable little girl!

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

How funny. She is adorable. I love the picture of the bird below. Classic

Layne & Kellie said...

That is so funny. Owen has a lot of hiding places. As of late he likes to hide in the vacuum/linen closet. Usually though he is in the pantry unloading everything off the shelves and putting it on the garbage can. You got to love this age!! I can't believe you only have 78 days to go!!!