Thursday, December 13, 2007

Holy Terror in the Target Parking Lot!

Well, after looking at some of Cecily's "precious" little baby pictures, I have found what I was looking for. The clue that would let me know that my perfect little baby girl was not going to be perfect forever. Take a look:
Do you see her flipping me off? I should have known that there would be a day like today coming. Want to hear about it?

We have been going through the transition of Cecily taking naps on some days but not on others. Today was one of the days she didn't take a nap, so she was tired, I'll give her that. We went to Target, and in the checkout line, she spots a Yo-Yo that she decides she MUST HAVE! Mean old me won't let her have it, since she already has a yo-yo at home. (She also has about 4 things of bubbles that I have broken down and bought for her when she asked for them while in the check-out line on other days). Then the crying starts...And the pleading...(how do you say "no" to such a cute little girl when she uses her manners?) But, alas, I stick to my guns and don't buy her the yo-yo. And then the hysterics start. I have never had an experience with Cecily crying where people looked at me like that. Yet, I know that some of them had to understand the situation. Haven't they ever had children? So we're walking out and of course the alarm goes off at the door. I look back and the worker says, "just go" and waves me out. I guess they'd rather I steal something than have to listen to my child's screams! Then we get to the car and that's where the real fun begins. It honestly took me over 10 minutes to get Cecily strapped into her carseat. You know the whole arching of the back thing that kids like to do so that you can't get them in their seat? Imagine a really fat, wimpy pregnant woman trying to battle that!! And I don't have much room because I'm parked too close to the cart return and I don't want to dent my car door while struggling with my crazed child. So I leave her in the car (her screams for the yo-yo louder than ever) and go around to the other side of the car so I can get in. She continues to fight me until, finally, I give up and start crying myself.

And then she let me hold her. And we cried until she calmed down. All this over a yo-yo.

Okay, so she was terrible today. But guess what? I still love that kid to pieces and think she's the coolest thing ever! Am I nuts? Oh well if I am!

We got a new computer this week (thank you Derrick)! It's an Apple, so hopefully, I won't have any more trouble with stupid viruses causing me to lose all of my data. Anyway, the REAL reason I was looking at some of Cecily's baby pictures was because I was transferring them onto this computer. And I just have to show off this cute little girl! I cannot believe how big she has gotten!




8 comments:

Shar said...

Jen,
I'm so sorry about today. Sorry I kept laughing. But I know my day is coming. And then you'll laugh at me.
Cec's baby pictures are so cute. She still looks the same as she did when she was a baby. She is so funny!

Nieldfam said...

Hang in there, we all have those days! Just wait for baby two to arrive the fun is JUST beginning!

Johnson said...

Those days are the worst. And I think it is ten times worse when you have people just staring at you. I have had a couple of times where I have scratches and pinch marks so deep because they are fighting me when i am putting them in their car seat. And yet, through it all,..we still love them...probably even more!!!

I love the pictures!!

Anonymous said...

She is darling and we have all had those days. But you just can't help but loving them. Good luck with the next one. Will you e-mail me your new address we have cards to send out.

Megan B said...

Something about Target, I'm telling you :)

Losing your DATA? What? I must have missed that one!

Rachel said...

I have had those moments in Target. They are the reason I don't go out with my two year old that often. I'm so sorry! I feel your pain. I love all the pictures of her. She is darling, and luckily the tantrums pass!

Brooke said...

I apologize, but I am glad to hear that Cecily is a normal child. Luke started doing that about a year ago. I make it a point now, not to stare at someone with a child who is throwing a tantrum in a public place. That's the last thing you need. I love that they told you to "just go".

Jen said...

OK. So, I totally missed this post until today. I am so glad I spot it! I can't tell you how hard it was for me to be pregnant the second time around when I already had a little toddler! Its the pits! Hang in there and let yourself cry!