Friday, May 9, 2008

Dirty Laundry

So, how would you like to find THIS lovely thing in your laundry basket?

That's what happened to me the other day. YUK! And by "yuk" I mean I completely lost it, and the only reason I caught it is because Derrick wasn't home and I had to save my children!

Welcome to New Mexico, where the spiders are bigger than your fist! I had been keeping my eye out for spiders for a few days because a couple of nights before, Derrick opened our front door and yelled for me to come and look at something. We had a spider on our wall that SERIOUSLY was bigger than Derrick's hand outstretched. Then I looked down by his foot, and there was another one, but not quite as big. We freaked out and slammed the door shut. I wish I had gotten a picture of that huge one on the wall, but it was gone by the time we went to get a second look. Makes your skin crawl, doesn't it? YUK!

Anyway, I figured it was about time to do another update:

The Wonderful Cecily

Cecily continues to be such a funny little girl. I hope she always has her great sense of humor. She recently got an imaginary friend. We were getting into the car one day and she was cupping her hand as if she was carrying something in it. When I inquired, she told me it was her baby elephant (in her pronunciation, it was "baby e'nenent"). Anyway, I didn't think much of it, besides how utterly adorable she was. But the next day, she says, "Baby e'nenent is in her cage!" I said, "She's in her cage?" "Yes, in the car!" So we went to the car, and she got her baby elephant out and carried her in the cup of her hand. Anyway, long story short, this has gone on for a few days, and baby elephant has a mom and dad and goes home to sleep with them. And Cecily can't be fooled. Derrick tried to tell her that baby elephant came on a walk with us the other night, and Cecily looked at him like he was an idiot and said, "No, baby e'nenent is at her home."

Cecily is totally into the pixie fairies right now (Tinkerbell). Kind of fitting, because she reminds me of a little pixie with her short hair. She loves to watch the preview of the Tinkerbell movie that is coming out this fall. She gets SO excited!

She is such a good helper. She loves to give her baby sister lots of kisses and loves. She always goes searching for Ainsley's plug when she starts crying, and throws the dirty diapers in the trash.


I had her almost potty trained a few weeks before the baby came, but I lost my motivation, and now she won't have anything to do with the toilet. Hopefully she'll get an interest again soon! I don't really want her to be five before she's trained!

She is also really into Dora and Diego. She calls Diego, "Diego go go!" (the cartoon is called "Go Diego, Go!").



The Little Ainsley


Ainsley is growing like crazy! Cecily was always so small during her first few months, but Ainsley is just a little chub! I love it!

She has the cutest crooked smile, and LOVES to be held, which is a little trying for me, but great when I have time to sit down and hold her!

She rolls over from her tummy to her back, and refuses to keep her plug in her mouth although she wants it at times. She's so silly. Sometimes she gags on her plug, but at other times, she totally wants it. I can't figure it out!

She is sleeping really well at night. She will usually sleep until 5 or 6 am, and go back to sleep for another 3 or 4 hours after I feed her.

She is so funny about her tongue. It's like she doesn't know what to do with it! It's constantly hanging out, or popping in and out of her mouth.

I've decided she must love men, because she absolutely goos and gaas at them. When she is around her Grandpa Scott, she will just follow him around the room with her eyes, no matter who is holding her. And she absolutely adores Derrick. She is the perfect angel around him, and he totally gets her to laugh.

The Delightful Derrick

D Man is still keeping busy at the restaurant. He does a great job with the advertising and is getting a lot of catering jobs lined up. People spot him all around town in his hot Costa Vida ride (remember the pimped out van I posted about several months back?!). We've decided that MTV could come up with something really cool if we got the van on the show "Pimp my Ride."

Derrick loves to hit golf balls with Cecily in our front yard. I just wish he wouldn't hit them towards the house! :)

He's been working out in the mornings with his brother and is looking pretty good, if you ask me! He's also been working on his vocal skills when we play Rock Band with our friends, the Allen's. (Imagine a totally unashamed, totally tone-deaf guy singing at the top of his lungs...)

Jennifer
Nothing too exciting going on with me. I've been getting really into cooking lately. I submitted this cake for a girl's camp fund raiser last week. It's a Coconut Almond Sour Cream Pound Cake. It was pretty good, I will admit (I had enough ingredients to make 2, so we got to eat it for dessert on Sunday)! I have started taking pictures of all of the dishes I make and only the ones I loved and will make again get put on my new recipe blog. So if you are ever looking for a new recipe, the ones on my recipe blog are definite good ones! I only have a few on there right now, but I will eventually get all of my favorites on there.

Derrick gave me my Mother's Day present early. He bought me some Nike Plus running shoes. They are the ones where you can put this thing in your shoe that will track your runs and you can see a history of your runs, among other things on the Nike Plus website. It's pretty fun, and it is getting me motivated to start running again. I have to start so slow so that I don't irritate my stupid knees. (I've had 3 knee surgeries). But running seems to be the only way I can lose weight, so I'm hoping I can get my body back into it.

Anyway, this post is forever long and not that exciting, so sorry if you have actually read this far! But I think I will finish up now. Have a great day!

24 comments:

Shar said...

That spider makes me want to throw up.

And the cake was the bomb!

How about giving Metallica another run for their money tonight?

Anonymous said...

How about Fish, Chips and Rock Band. I feel like a rockstar today!

Erin said...

no way you play rock band. us too we should totally rock out! we are still on beginner because we totally suck! We saw derrick in his hot van when he caught a cops attention a week ago. Kyle was like who really pulls over the costa van! and of course it was a hard core copper. well so he thinks. anyways Hope you are doing well and thanks for the advice to go wireless. oh wait I am so sorry about that freaky looking spider. YUCK! I hate them...

Brooke said...

I must say that spider was nasty! Knowing how you hate spiders I don't know how you didn't faint.

Cecily is so cute with her elephant. Ainsley has gotten so big!

Dottie Stay said...

That spider makes me watnt o scream just from the picture! I can't even imagine seeing it in person! Everything sounds so great! The girls are looking wonderful. I want to know how to get to your recipe blog. You are such a great cook, so to hear the you are cooking up all these things makes me want to come over!

Megan B ♥ said...

That spider is HORRIBLE! You are soooo brave. I have a secret to confess: Justin doesn't know that I CAN kill spiders and bugs when necessary. In fact, when he's not in the house, I manage to kill them without screaming or crying :) Shhhh....

That little Cecily is a doll, I love the Elephant story! And I'm so glad you told me about a Tinkerbell movie coming out? How did I not know about that one??!

Ainsley is already rolling?? What an ambitious little prodigy! Can you believe how fast it's already going? Pretty soon she'll be Cecily's age!

I got Justin to play Rock Band with some friends last week. He wouldn't take the microphone, but he jammed sufficiently on the gee-tar and the drums! Very hot :)

I'm VERY excited about the recipe blog and I've already added it to my googlereader! Thanks! That spinach pasta bake is going to get itself made here at our house pretty soon, I'm thinking! YUMMY!!! And pictures REALLY help, I'm so glad you're going to be posting pictures to go along with it! I'm usually sold more on the look of a thing than the ingredients :)

Johnson said...

So I had my bags packed and was ready to come and see you and now have unpacked my bags and will wait for you to come see me..all due to that horrible spider. Holy freakin camoly!!! No thanks!

Thanks you for finally updating your blog. I get really tired of checking your blog 100000000 times a day..and no update!!

The girls are growing up. They are so beautiful Jen!!!

Lisa said...

The spider is enough to make me move home to mommy! DISGUSTING!!! Your new shoes sound cool- a new pair of running shoes is always a good motivater! You can always run a lot faster in new shoes too. Give the girls a kiss.

Nieldfam said...

It was great to hear from you.
I had to scroll down so i didn't have to look at the spider while I was reading! Yuck, just thinking of it gives me the shivers.
I'm happy to hear you are all doing well.
Your girls are lucky to have such great parents!!
~Valli

Rachel said...

Yea! A new post! Nice updates. Disgusting spider. My Aunt is famous for taking a huge, old bible and smashing a spider so hard against a window that she broke the window. She too did not have her husband home to save her children! Cecily's little elephant is darling. Good luck with the running.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Cecily in her nightgown. Of course, the spider is GREAT!! Have you done anything about them yet - like, spraying? Ainsley is a doll; such a cute smile. The cake looks scrumptuous! I'll have to try it. Did you find that Cream and Cake recipe? xo

Anonymous said...

The hair on my head totally stood up at the spider picture! I would so freak if I met it face to face. What a cute update! Your girls are so cute! They are getting so big! Cake looks YUM!

Annie said...

I HATE spiders. Probably more than roaches...so that's a lot. You girls are darling. I will definitley be checking out your recipe blog!

Rebecs said...

I cannot believe that spider. I swear every time I see a spider, no matter how small, I think it takes a few years off my life for how startled I get. How impressive that you caught it.

Your girls are so cute and I cannot believe Ainsley is rolling over. Little early I'd say! And that cake....yum yum!

Rebecs said...

I cannot believe that spider. I swear every time I see a spider, no matter how small, I think it takes a few years off my life for how startled I get. How impressive that you caught it.

Your girls are so cute and I cannot believe Ainsley is rolling over. Little early I'd say! And that cake....yum yum!

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

My skin is literally crawling seeing that spider. Yuck!!! Your girls are so cute and I would love to hear your husband rock out. I'm going to check out your recipe blog right now. I have found cooking is a little theraputic for me.

Karin said...

A baby elephant?! TOO cute!!! Elizabeth talks about her "friend" all the time. I know little kids can have imaginary friends, but James never did, and the way Lizzy carries on almost has me worried- like she should be screened for schizophrenia. Thanks for calming my nerves and reminding me it's normal, and even cute!
...Nothing like new running shoes to get me motivated to get out and run! Good luck with the goal...

Tiffany said...

Jen, I'm going to be honest. I have been avoiding your blog on purpose, Ryan told me about the spider. I just about peed my pants when I gathered the courage to check your blog! That's 10 times worse than the tarantula at our townhouse in Utah! I can't believe it! Time to move to KC! Cecily and Ainsley are getting so big, I can't believe the pictures. What cute girls. Ainsley is a mini Jen, but I can see Derrick in her too. Good for you cooking! I am not doing so well with that, but I am definintely going to use your recipe blog, hopefully that will help. What a great idea. Your cake looks so yummy. Oh! I lost your choco chip cookie recipe, can I get that from you again? That's my all time fav recipe. Sorry I haven't been social on your blog lately, glad to see you are doing well! We miss you guys! Tell Derrick hello.

Sherian said...

Holy Cows! That spider gives me serious eebie-geebies! Eeeewww!
Thanks for blog and cute pics, I was starting to worry a bit:) Your girls are adorable and I love imaginary friends, they make life so funny. For some reason, I didn't make the connection of Costa Vida with your hubby, we La-La-LOVE that place! I'm excited to try your recipes, you are one awesome Mama-Lady!

gillman said...

Jen! i don't even know if you will remember me. this is Meg( griffin) from junior high? i was just blog browsing and i found sherians blog and then i saw yours and i had to peak and say hi. i hope you are doing so well, your family is adorable! its so great to see how people are doing after SO many years! if you want you can check out my blog too.
web.mac.com/flex771
it was fun to see your blog!

Diane said...

Would you PLEASE update your blog so I don't have to see that icky blecky gross spider every time I expect to see a cute baby?! You are freaking me out!! (but I still love you and will keep checking the blog...)

Grant and Jessie Pennington said...

Hey Jen! Jessie Pennington here! This blogging world is a lot of fun; I’m fairly new so I still get really excited when I find someone I know.

Anyway, that spider is DISGUSTING!! I actually found your blog last night and right before I went to bed anytime one of my dogs whiskers would touch me, I would FREAK OUT, kick the covers off and make sure it wasn’t a spider! Stuff like that just gives me the heebie-jeebies!
Jess

Lisa said...

Update your blog! I have to get the courage to look at it any more because that spider is always right there.

Grant and Jessie Pennington said...

Hey! Grant and I are free Sunday evening! What can Grant and I bring??? You name it, we got you covered!
YAY FOR BARBECUES!!