Saturday, April 19, 2008

An Update


I went up to Utah a couple of weeks ago to introduce some of our family members to the new baby. They loved her, of course! We had a great time seeing family and friends. Thanks again to my beloved bloggers who came to my mom's house. It was so much fun to hang out with you girls and catch up! Do you think we'll still be getting together in 20 years?




Cecily and Ainsley at home. Cecily has started asking to hold Ainsley. A big improvement! The first few weeks after the baby was born, Cecily started in with some terrible tantrums. She wasn't mean to the baby or anything. She pretty much ignored her. But she was really awful to Derrick. Our trip to Utah was good for her, I think. When we got back, she was back to her usual sweet self again! Phew!



Cecily and Ashley holding hands at the mall. Ashley is my sister Lisa's little girl. She is five weeks older than Cecily. Lisa is having another little girl in August. It's fun to have kids so close in age.



Ashley holding Ainsley at Grandma Thomas' house.



This is Jackson holding Ainsley. He is my sister Jana's little boy. She and her husband are due to have another boy in July. Don't they make such cute boys?





This picture is missing one generation. Daddy. This is Derrick's mom, Shonnie, and her father Tony with Ainsley. Cecily was totally passed out when we went to visit Tony. That girl can sleep! There is no waking her when she is out!



Back at home. Two cute sisters hanging out!

16 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

So cute! And I love Cecily's new do!

Jen Tornow said...

That's actually not a new do. We've been trying to grow it since she was born. This is as long as it's gotten, although I have trimmed the bangs a bit because they grow in looking like she has a major widow's peak.

Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo - I'm sad; I miss my girls! Such cute pictures. xo

The Thomas Family said...

Your little girls are so beautiful. I miss them so much. I am counting down the days until our Utah trip!!
Annie

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

I am sad I missed you when you were in town. I would have loved to see your cute girls in person. They are adorable.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you, Jen! We better still be getting together to catch up in 20 years!!!

Scott and Megan said...

How adorable, jen. I am glad that Cecily is enjoying her sister more! I know it probabaly wasn't fun for you, but your recounting of the delivery of Ainsley freaking had me laughing so hard...those stupid "care givers!"

Annie said...

Lisa's pregnant?! Where have I been? How fun! Tell her congrats for me.

Sherian said...

You have such adorable girls! I wish I'd known you were in town. I'm not 'in the loop', but that's nothing new, I never have been:) It would have been great to introduce our girls. "Props" to you for taking a trip with your little one! You are so brave! I don't think I could leave my house for ages, you are awesome!
(ps-I think I live by your sister Lisa, or it's someone who looks just like her. I run into her all the time, next time I'll ask)

Natalie said...

Fun pictures! Your girls are too cute. Glad you got to go and visit friends and fam in Utah!

Dottie Stay said...

You are right, they are two cutye sisters! How fun!! I am a little bummed that Deron's parents don't live there any more, hello, I could totally get away and have some quality girl time with you! When do you come here next? And of course we will be together in 20 years! It has been what almost 30 already, and you still can't get rid of me!

Anonymous said...

Since you said you were craving a cheese steak sandwich, we think you should make a special trip out to see us and to eat!

Erin said...

your girlies are so cute! hey do you know about how much the internet is via satallite? glad you are finally starting to catch up on this stuff now im going to be the one out of the loop! oh and ps do stay away from IUDS. they offically suck

Layne & Kellie said...

how fun to have have such cute girls. i'm glad things are getting better with Cecily and Ainsley. i start to wonder how Owen is going to be with the new baby.

crystal said...

I had to GIGGLE at the expression on Ainsley's face in the photo where Ashley is holding her! So funny. Your girls are adorable, Jen :)

Tiffany said...

you are so funny, Ryan is in the young men's presidency and has to go to their weekly activity every Thursday night. And no, he hasn't gained any sympathy weight. He can't gain weight if his life depended on it! Not fair! Yes, we're still thinking Ella. It's the only name we can agree on, you know Ry and I, neither one of us is stubborn. :) I'd love to see picx of Ainsley's room! How is she doing? Are you getting much sleep? I think about you guys a lot. Hopefully the restaurant is picking up, and hopefully Derrick is not too overworked. :) How are you surviving being a mother of 2?The tornado probably doesn't help my plan to coax you guys to move here, did it? Oops...