Monday, November 24, 2008

Well that just breaks my heart!


So I am entering the mothering phase where you start hearing your child tell you things that just make you want to cry.  For the last few days, Cecily has had a few instances where she has totally lost it (usually when she doesn't agree with me telling her she can't do something) and cried,  "I want brothers and sisters!"  She still cries her huge crocodile tears, and it's seriously so dang sad to hear it!  And unfortunately, it will be a while before that wish of hers will come true.  (I don't think she actually considers Ainsley a "sister" yet.  At least in the sense she has been using the word.  I'm guessing she wants kids who can play with her all the time).

She's also been asking for a doghouse for Christmas.  Now, anyone who knows me and Derrick knows that we aren't animal people.  We will NEVER have a pet.  We joke with Derrick's parents all the time that if their dog outlives them, he's going straight to the pound.  No offense to anyone who loves animals.  I think that's great.  You are way better people than we are!  Anyway, I'm hoping that with Cecily's doghouse wish she'll settle for a stuffed dog to put in it.  That is....if Santa decides to bring her a doghouse!

Cecily went to Disney on Ice with her cousins last week.  She thought it was pretty great.  It's so fun to be so close to fun events like this again.  That was one thing I really missed when we were in NM.  Here are a few pictures of Cecily with her cousins Ashley and Ashlyn.

13 comments:

Renee said...

Your posts are far and few between but we will take what we can get! Good to see you are surviving in Utah. How fun that Cecily got to go to Disney on ice...what a treat! I love that the little girly is just as dramatic as a teenager. What does that mean for later? Good luck! They do have pretty cute stuffed puppies at Target that come with a purse and everything. Maybe that would satisfy her!

Devon said...

Her haircut is so cute! And just get used to the dramatics of girls...McKinley says things all the time that break my heart (usually about missing Utah)! And we actually are coming out to UT right before New Years, so if you guys have some get together, let me know! I'll hope to see you!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Ady will never have a dog either, cuz I HATE wet dog smell. EW, so nasty. Thanks for letting Ady come play, she loves Cecily. And tell Cecily pretty soon she will have a built in playmate in AInsley. It gets so so fun when they can play.

Anonymous said...

A doghouse? You've got to be kidding! Get her one of those dogs in a purse that Annie's getting Elle.

Cute pictures of the cousins. They had such a good time that day. xo

Sherian said...

What cute girl cousins! How fun would that be?! I always wanted to do that when I was a kid.
I am really glad to know we are not the only 'anti-animal' couple. I feel like a bad person for admitting that, but we will never have pets as well. I feel bad for my kids...but then I get over it :)

Shar said...

Wow. I can't believe that Ainsley is getting so big! She'll be able to play with Cecily soon enough!

Layne & Kellie said...

I have been REALLY bad about blogging and checking on blogs. But you have such CUTE girls!!! LOVE, LOVE their halloween costumes. I can't believe how big Ainsley is getting!! She is so adorable! Time is cruising by. (Look how cute it is when they hold hands ;))

Dottie Stay said...

The doghouse. That is so funny. No need for a stuffed animal, just make Derrick sleep in there when he is naughty. You know Cecily would love that. What a cutie! I can't even imagine having girls. The drama from the boys is enough for me.

Sherian said...

My brain is so fried I can't remember if I got back to you on the cookbook...I'm so sorry if I didn't! If I did, I'm not sure when or where. So here it goes...
I used a blog. I set it up and invited all the family members as authors. Some were freaked out by the idea, so I ended up getting almost all the recipes in email form. There is a software from blurb.com that will 'slurp' your blog into pages for a book. I used this software, but had to pretty much re-do all the pages and put the images in and rearrange them. Then I was offered an updated version of the software, but I soon found out the new version can't slurp blog entries from blogger. Argh!
To make along story short...there are 'cookbook' softwares where everyone can enter it that way to begin with. MUCH EASIER!
The nice part is that all the recipes are still on the blog for everyone to access. The books ended up being $37 to $60 depending on the quality.
I'm not sure I'm qualified to give advise, but that was my situation. I wish I had looked into the printing part and actual 'cookbook software' before going with the blog route.
On a side note...I have LOVED your recipes, so if anyone should do a cookbook...it should be you! Good Luck!

Shar said...

Excited to see you guys!

Tiffany said...

Hey! You ARE still alive. :) I am so sorry we didn't make it out to see you guys, I was bummed. I always think we'll have all this time and it doesn't always work out that way. We would love it if you guys came out here. You are welcome to come anytime! THe summers are HOT and humid. I think like September-ish is the best weather. But we would love to see you guys! We miss you guys tons and think about you a lot. We definitely want to catch up on everything going on wtih you guys!

Dramatic Imaging said...

Hey! I don't know anything about what you guys are up to other than that the Hatch's bought Costa Vita. I need an update! Miss ya!

Tiffany said...

If you have quit blogging, at least post it to let us know so we don't check your blog with hope that maybe, just maybe today will hold a miracle and Tornow Terrific will be updated. I pray every night that Jen will please update her blog and we can know that the Tornows are still alive and what they are up to. I feel like I have been broken up with. I need closure.