Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Birthday Party

We had a family birthday party for Ainsley on Sunday.


Here are the girls in their "party dresses."  For Cecily, party dresses are a MUST!

The girls hanging out before the guests came.


Pink and purple were the colors of choice.

Cec helped Daddy put balloons all over the house.

The Birthday girl.

Cecily working the pinata.  

I've decided that my talent does not lie in cake decorating.  I have good intentions, but what I imagine in my head is DEFINITELY not how the finished product looks!

CAKE TIME!

Applauding the latest horrid rendition of the Happy Birthday song.  My family likes to compete for the worst sounding version of the song.  It sounds lovely, I tell ya!
Blowing out the candle.
The first taste...
Grandma and Papa Tornow
I think the kids were the most excited to get a taste of the pink mess...

Auntie Jana (my cool sis who came even though she felt like crud--THANKS!)
It may look "interesting," but it was YUMMY!  Strawberry cake from scratch with homemade strawberry filling and cream cheese frosting.
Ainsley's enjoying it, and being quite neat about it as well.

Cousin Amelia, the Irish dancer
Come on, do you REALLY think a 1-year-old can use a fork?
Ooooh!  This is fun!
Let's get a little messy!

Let's get EVERYONE a little messy!
Did I mention this was fun?





All cleaned up and pretty again!  Time to go bug cousin Andrew!

Present time!

Now I'm pooped!  Time for bed!



16 comments:

gillman said...

the first birthday party with them eating the cake is always my favorite!!! she is adorable!!
Meg :0)

Renee said...

Cute pictures! I love when they get into their cake...too cute!

Devon said...

The pictures are great! What a fun party. And I am super impressed with the cake (both the taste and the look!) It sounds so yummy!

Sharlynn said...

1st birthdays are the best. Looks like a lot of fun. The cake looked great. I am impressed that you made it from scratch. Way to go. I don't think I have ever done that.

Jessie said...

I love the pics of Ains eating her cake!!

And what you really should have done was made another Tranny looking birthday cake! Because after all, I hear that is your specialty!!

Anonymous said...

The party and party go'ers look so cute! The cake looks so yummy too! Love that Ainsley loved her cake - so cute!

Kim said...

I can't believe she is already one. She is so adorable!

Tiffany said...

What a cute birthday girl and party! I can see more and more Cecily in Ainsley. Where does the light hair come from? You are a cute mom, the cake looks YUMMY! The poop story is hilarious, I can't imagine Cecily talking like that, she's just baby Cecily from how I remember her.

Shar said...

The cake looks delish! Good job, Jen!

Little Ainsley is growing up too fast! Cute girls!

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a fabulous party!! Nice job on the cake...it looks awesome! I bet she loved it!

Brooke said...

That cake looked really yummy. What a good mom you are for doing your kids' cakes.

Lisa said...

We wish we could have been there! Ainsley's dress is SOOO cute!! And you got some really cute pictures of the girls together. That cake is to die for- Annie made it the other day.

Johnson said...

I thought the cake was very impressive. I can't believe she is one...TIME FOR ANOTHER HUH? I think this was your longest post ever..I'm so proud of you!! Happy Birthday little Ainsley!!

Karin said...

Your house is gorgeous, daughters darling- and I want that cake recipe! ohhhh, I'll have to check your recipe blog, huh?
I can't believe you're already celebrating a 1st birthday- weren't you juts blogging polls on what name to pick???!

Brenda said...

Ainsley--
(From Thomas) nlcx kmfocfjfijf8tfdej dugooxppppppppppppppppppz l o

Translation -- Ainsley, I wish I were at your birthday party. It looked like a lot of fun! Happy birthday!

The Thomas Family said...

Hey, I love your new header!! How the heck did you do that?