Saturday, July 7, 2007

July 4, 2007

We had a terrific day to celebrate this awesome country in which we live. We started the day off by going up to Salt Lake City to feed the ducks at the park and visiting Derrick's Grandpa who lives nearby. Then we had lunch with Derrick's family...at Costa Vida of course! That evening we went to the Stadium of Fire. We had awesome tickets and had a blast seeing Brooks and Dunn.
Cecily was a little apprehensive at first, since there were so many ducks (and some REALLY UGLY ones!!)
But she was soon waving and quacking like they were her best buddies!
Our patriotic little girl! Hopefully she wont turn into a bawl baby like her mom is on the 4th of July. Lisa and Kimball sat with us at the Stadium of Fire.

So did Emily and Cory.




It has been great being together as a family this week. Cecily and I have so much fun when we get to be with Derrick!



This picture is posted for Derrick...he's a fan of good ol' Glen!


A very fun concert.

Cecily danced the whole time. I wasn't sure if she would have a good time or not, but Derrick insisted that we bring her. And of course...he was right! She had a better time than we did, I think!

I don't remember the Stadium having such awesome fireworks! It was so great even though we had ashes falling all over us on the field!

So, we had a very fun 4th and are so greatful to be living in such a great country. How blessed we really are!

16 comments:

Michelle Y said...

Stadium of Fire looked so fun. I was sad to miss it this year. I'm so glad you guys got to spend the day together as a family. Are you still in Utah or back in NM? I am still in Utah until Wed. Let me know if you're still here. I loved all your fun pictures. Take care.

Shar said...

Jen,
Your blog is so cute and I'm so glad that you are a blogger too! Now we can be walking buddies, blogging buddies, movie buddies...etc. Yay!
Shar

Jen Tornow said...

Hey everyone, Shar is a new friend I met here in NM (I have a friend!!). She's way cool and likes to blog, too. If you're into peeking into other people's lives, she's got a fun blog to check out!

Jen Tornow said...

Michelle, I am back in NM! I wish I had known you were still around so that we could have gotten together last week! It would be so great to see you. I hope you are having a great trip!

Rachel said...

Wow- have you really moved? Just kidding, but I can't wait to see pictures of the new house. I'm glad you had such a fun 4th.

Devon said...

Jen, what great pictures! You guys looked like you had a great time! We need to get together with the girls sometime when you're in town!

Jen said...

Talk about great seats! It looked like so much fun! I hope things are going well for you in NM. Keep us updated!

Shar said...

Hey Jen, we must both be on the computer right now. I came across the "good mail" blog from Kristi's Everything is Pink blog. Kristi is from Farmington, and I know her brothers, Adam B. and Spencer B,(who are on my blog) really well. Kristi is so dang crafty. I want to be her. She also has a Pink Christmas blog you should check out. She has sign-ups I think the 14th and I'm going to do it this year. You sign up and I think she draws names, and you have to send a gift to your person for Christmas, and it has to be handmade. There are some darling stuff that people have made on that site. You'll have to check it out. I'll put it on my site right now.
Shar

Annie said...

I'm so jealous right now. Looks like you guys had a great 4th. And I can't believe those seats!

Dottie Stay said...

That looked so awesome!!! I am so glad that you guys had fun! Lisa looks so good. I haven't seen some of your family for ever. I love them. You look fantastic, and so happy! I am so glad that you are having a great experience there. Keep us posted on you news, and let us know when ever you are here.

Layne & Kellie said...

Hey Jen, I knew it wouldn't take you long to make friends. You are so easy to be friends with... so much fun and so nice!!! Your 4th looks liked so much fun!!! That is so sweet.

Natalie said...

Jen!

I've been meaning to respond to your comment about my ONE picture of my kids on my Blog. I know I need to start my blog. Never done it before, but I'll work on it. I'll let you know when I start:) Anyway CUTE Family!!! Love the pictures. Also i made your coconut soup from the great recipie book Melinda put together. We loved the soup, it's a new fav! Good luck in new mexico!

Nieldfam said...

It is so fun to see your little family! Thanks for all the fun updates. I need to learn from you and become a better blogger!! As for what you said about me looking like I am not even pregnant... Well let's say that I am bigger now than I can ever remember with the others! Thankfully August is close. We'll keep you updated on any BIG news here!!!!

Shar said...

I just read your comment on my blog and just laughed. What's funny is that I was actually just thinking that I need to write a post, and was like, nah, I'll just read everyone elses! Thanks for the swimming today. I think that Brett is just pooped because he fell asleep right after I put him into the car. Okay, I'll start working on an update, you inspired me!

Shar said...

Okay Jen...the blog is updated, thanks to you, and now I think it's, um... your turn!:)

Dottie Stay said...

You are so adorable yourself. Your comment on my log was so funny. I am sorry that Derrick is gone. That stinks!! Don't tempt me, I may just sho up on your door step!