Tuesday, July 3, 2007

We have a house...but I'm still living out of a suitcase!

Hooray! I am finally getting the chance to update my blog. We finally got into our new home in New Mexico and it turned out so much nicer than I had thought it would! So we are very happy although we have not had the chance to really live in it yet! We are back in Utah after Cecily and I went with my family to Disneyland for a week. We'll be going back to NM on Thursday night, so hopefully I'll get some pictures taken of the house this weekend and update you all on our life there! Disneyland was a lot of fun. Hot and crowded, but fun! I thought that Cecily would be excited to see the characters in person (especially the princesses, since she absolutely idolizes them). But...as you can see from the pictures below, this wasn't exactly the case!
She liked to look at them from a distance, and even blew kisses to the Princesses, but as soon as we got close enough for a picture, it was like stage fright for her! I have to admit, though, that I love the whole "covering her eyes with her hands" thing. She would do that when any of the rides were too scary for her. I hope this trip didn't totally traumatize her!

We had a great time seeing Cecily's cousins. A whole bunch of them were with us, and Cecily really enjoyed playing with them.

Ashely, Elle, and Cecily
I need attention!!


Still loving the stickers!


Playing in the pool at Uncle Nate's

Auntie Annie was able to work my hair into pigtails!

Still mommy's favorite princess!

9 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

So adoarble Jen! That picture of her covering her eyes is so cute! She is such a sweetheart, and you are a wonderful mother! The trip looked fun, and I am excited for you to get all comfortable in your new house. I am even more excited for the next time you come up. We will have to do lunch! Be safe on your drive home. That isn't the most fun drive. Take care!

Megan B said...

I. Love. Those. Pictures. I'm still laughing!!

Johnson said...

I'm glad you finally got a chance to update your page...on only check it like ten times a day!! I am glad that you love your new house. There is nothing like a new house. Those pictures of Cecily or so darling! I am glad that you had a good time!!!! If you get a chance we should get together!!

Michelle Y said...

It looks like you guys had a blast at Disneyland. It is so fun seeing how happy the kids are there. I'm excited to see pictures of your new home and hear more about life in NM. Good luck with everything, we missed you at the reunion!
Michelle

Jen said...

So cute! I am glad you have finally been able to update your blog. Your alive! Send us pic of New Mexico... and let us know how that adventure is going. We did miss you at the reunion... let us know the next time you are in town. I could use another girls lunch.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! It was so good to see you tonight at Costco. You look great and I hope everything continues to go well for you.

Anonymous said...

There's that CUTE girl! Don't you just love the "hands over your eyes" picture? SHe's so funny! XOxo

Devon said...

Those pictures are so fabulous! Cecily is hilarious, and you can just see her personality in every picture! I hope we get to see you again soon!

Annie said...

I'm glad your back to blogging! Can't wait to see pics of your new house. Keep us updated!