Monday, June 11, 2007

Still Homeless!

We were supposed to head out to NM this last weekend, but our house is STILL not completed! Two more days...Two more days...Two more days! I've been hearing this for the last two weeks! I understand that there are a lot of little details when it comes to finishing a home, but I am SO READY!! Poor Cecily needs to get back into her routine. I packed up most of her toys away since I didn't think we'd be staying at my mom's for more than a week, so she will probably go crazy when she sees her fun things again (and they will actually be fun again to her)!

Since we were unable to go down there this weekend, we took the opportunity to go down to Scofield and stay at Derrick's Grandpa's cabin. I've never been down there, and can I just say "WOW?" It was SO gorgeous there! Grandpa Tony has been collecting land there for several years, and I think he has some of the most amazing property! His cabin overlooks the reservoir. It is such an ideal setting! Until two weeks ago, Derrick had not been there in about 12 years, and he says they've done a lot of work to the land in the meantime. Cecily came with us, and we were also there with Grandpa Tony, his girlfriend Noni, and Derrick's parents, Scott and Shonnie. Cecily got to pet the horses and ride on the 4-wheelers. But I think her favorite thing was running around the property and seeing all of the cows! She went absolutely nuts over the cows! It was nice to let her just run and run. I swear there is no end to her energy! But as soon as we put her down for a nap, she was out! So, although we weren't able to get settled in our new home this weekend, we sure had a great little break! It was so nice to just relax and appreciate the fresh air and calm setting. Thanks Tony!

Cecily continued to be "stylish" even at the cabin. Her Princess purse didn't leave her side the entire weekend. She even slept with it. She loved picking the "flowers" in the grass and putting them behind her ear. And, yes, she's wearing a skirt. I can't imagine how high maintenance she's going to be when she finally gets some hair!

At the pond.

Lucky girl on her Daddy's shoulders.

A view of the 80.

Up on the mountain.

We're going to have to buy some 4 wheelers. They are so fun!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun, little get away. Sorry here to the house isn't finished. Been there and done that. It isn't fun waiting but I bet you will enjoy it when it is done. Best of luck to you and your family!

Dottie Stay said...

So sad you are leaving! I am so glad that you got a break though. That makes all the difference. How fun how fun!! Deron has been wanting a four wheeler. We'll see. It is better then a motorcycle. What a beautiful area! I would love a cabin. Love Cecily' princess purse. How can a girl go anywhere with ou that. I Just remember you and your hair when we were little it always looked so beautiful, and you would never let any one touch it. Hello, good thing. You wouldn't have wanted to ruin your gorgeous up dos. I was sooo jealous. Do you think Janice will do my hair some day?

Rachel said...

At least you are having a good time while you wait. It looks like a beautiful trip. Maybe you'll still be here if we have another get together in the near future!

Layne & Kellie said...

Cecily dresses so cute...she has great taste. Again, looking at your little girls makes me want a girl!! That is fun you got out for the weekend. That area is beautiful! What a great weekend to go. I hope your house finishes soon. Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the flower! XOxo

Jen said...

I was wondering how things were for you and if you had made it down to NM. It must be frustrating! I don't like it when the boys are off their routine. Even after just a long weekend it can be difficult! So, I feel your pain! Good luck! Keep us posted on when you get down there, and don't forget pictures of the house!

Annie said...

Love the flip flops! Same thing happened to us when we moved to Austin. It's SO frustrating! Everything was always a few days away. Good luck, and I hope your house is finished soon.

Scott and Megan said...

love the post and seeing the vacation pics thanks for sharing. I too remember your hair dos when you were little coming over to play with melinda..gosh you guys were cute--well still are...tell janice what's up and Trisha my fellow flute player!

Anonymous said...

How fun. I love to be able to go on little vacations they are very enjoyable. Reading your blog really made me kind of sad though that I haven't seen you since I moved here and met your husband and beautiful daughter. I know you have made the effort, but I haven't done much on my end. All I can do is apologize and hope that you can forgive me. Good luck on your move and I hope that it happens very soon!!!!!!!!!

Johnson said...

Oh, Jen I am so sorry. Ir was fun to see the pictures though and it made me a little jealous not having a girl. I guess I could always give Colton a princess purse...just wouldn't be the same. Keep us udated with the new on the house...I'll cross my fingers that it goes quickly!!!