Friday, June 1, 2007

That Rug is going to be the Death of one of us!

Well, we had a little accident last night. My mom has A LOT of rugs in her house. There is a particular one in her great room that leads to the hallway. I think EVERYONE has had their fair share of tripping episodes on that rug. Last night was Cecily's turn. However, she did not fare quite as well as the rest of us have. Cecily's typical walk is a VERY quick run, and she tripped over that rug going full speed right into the corner of my mom's hutch. Thank heaven I wasn't watching, or I'd be having nightmares about it. But Derrick and my mom saw the whole thing. I only heard the loud "WHACK!" Then there was the pause...and then the heart-wrenching cry. Now Cecily is our little actress who can pull out huge "crocodile" tears when she is fake crying. So you can just imagine her tears now. But she cracks me up! As soon as Derrick started playing piggies with her toes, she was totally fine! The pictures here were taken just a couple of minutes after the accident. We were really surprised that it wasn't worse. I thought the swelling was pretty scary looking, but all that was left this morning was a scab. Thank heaven!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

My little boy hit his head on the corner of the air intake in the wall a couple of days ago. It looked a lot like that. Can you believe the dent in the skull? I was shocked, but really thankful no skin split. Isn't it fun to have a two year old covered in bruises! I'm glad your little gal is okay!

Dottie Stay said...

Jen,
You were so nice to come!! That really meant a lot to me! i loved seeing you. It just makes me more sad that you re moving.:( Don't worry about the bump. She is still adoarble, and hey, she looks tough! :)

Megan said...

I'm glad you didn't see the whole thing play out too. When my boys get hurt, I immediatley call for Matt- if he's around. Just incase it's really bad. Luckily- the boys haven't been hurt too bad yet-- I dread the day! That little girl is tough!

PJC said...

Poor baby! That is one impressive goose egg!

Annie said...

Ouch!

Megan B said...

Yikes! Poor little pooky! I hate those moments! Kinley has a scar on her forehead from where she was playing horsie on Daddy's knee and fell off...face first into a rock wall! Did I mention I was giving a talk in sacrament meeting at the time and this happened in the lobby???

Dottie Stay said...

Have I told you that I absoluteley love you!!!! You left the niceest comment on my blog!! How much do I owe you!?

Anonymous said...

And to think that it was MY rug!! XOxo