Thursday, May 31, 2007

Anybody want my Dream Home?

As some of you know, we started building a home in American Fork a few months ago. We had originally purchased the lot as an investment, but decided we loved the area and that we would build our next home there. So we started building in January. In March, we decided to move to New Mexico. So now we are selling my "dream home". We met with a nice lady yesterday who is quite interested. We are expecting to receive an offer from her any day. (Oh, I hope! That will take a load off my mind!) It was kind of sad, though, meeting with her. She was talking about all of the things she wants to do with the house...some things we would have done had we lived there...and I have to admit I am very jealous!! This home has such a great floorplan, and I think it will be so beautiful when it's finished. Anyway, for any of you who enjoy seeing the building process of homes, here are some pictures of the progress we've made so far.

The exterior will be a mix of stone, brick and stucco.

The landing half-way down the stairway splits down one side to the kitchen or down the other side to the entry.

View from the Living Room to the Dining Room. We will possibly be trimming the archway between these two rooms with stone that matches the exterior of the home.

Family Room. I love all of the large windows that allow for great views of the mountains and Utah Lake.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I want your dream home! It looks gorgeous! Too bad we are destined to live in a condo for the next little while. Oh, well. One can dream!

Johnson said...

I'll take it. You didn't ask a price... you just asked if anyone wanted your dream home and I accept,.. I want your dream home. Please, come on, just let us live in the guest quarters. I sort of want to feel bad for you, but you eventually will live in your dream home and I have to wait until heaven where everyone is equal, until then I will be happy with my shack!!!!! Remember that game M*A*S*H. Mansion, Apartment, Shack, or HOuse....okay, well the reall game of MASH isn't looking so hot for me!!!!

Jen Tornow said...

Becky, you know as well as I do that it isn't the house that makes you happy!! But too bad we can't cheat in life the way we could at MASH! (Well, I guess we COULD cheat at life, but eternity lasts longer so I'll just be patient!)

Dottie Stay said...

That is beautiful! I love the floor plan parts that you showed us. I can't believe that you have to sell it. What a bummer! Just think though, maybe you will like something else better, and then you can even build a better dream home...if that is possible. It is wonderful!

Annie said...

Hey, Trevor keeps saying he wants move back. And I keep telling him I want to look at houses. How much are you asking? Too bad we don't have a job here!

Michelle Y said...

What a beautiful dream home! It looks perfect. Too bad you can't hold it for us for another 3 years until we can get back West. Seriously, I hope you get your offer soon so your mind can be eased.

Anonymous said...

I'll take it too. It looks gorgeous! How about when we all build our mansions in Heaven, we all build on the same street! :)