Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Quick Trip

Well, we did it. We moved out of our house. And I am NEVER DOING IT AGAIN!! Yes, I say this every time we move. And yes, I am already planning our next move. But can I just say I'm tired? We loaded up on Friday, took off Saturday and were back by early afternoon Sunday. A VERY quick trip! This move has been a lot more emotionally straining on me than I thought it would be. However, it didn't even hit me until we were moving our things into the garage of our new home (the house isn't quite finished yet, so we were only able to move our things into the garage). Don't get me wrong--I am VERY excited about this move, and I know it is the right thing for our family, but it finally hit me this weekend that this IS a big deal! As we ran a few errands while we were there this weekend, all I could do is just look around and wonder if I would ever think of this place as home. The people seem nice enough, and they seem to really enjoy living there. I don't know...I just came back this weekend wondering what the heck I was doing!




Anyway, Cecily was a great help as we moved. She just hung out while we packed the truck--actually, TWO trucks. She is so good. I never really have to worry about her. But I can tell she misses her bed in her old room. She doesn't want to go to bed or take her naps as well as she was before we uprooted her.

This is a shout out to my awesome brother-in-law Kimball who stepped up at the last minute to drive the second truck that we didn't think we'd need. We were moving from a 3600 sqft home to a 2600 sqft home. I totally thought we had downsized enough on all of our belongings, but man, we have a ton of stuff. And that is exactly what it is...STUFF! Nothing real exciting, but things we apparently need! But to any of you who need to get rid of any of your stuff, we had great luck with Craigslist.com. We sold a ton of stuff in the last few weeks, which we advertised on Craigslist. It is better than a garage sale because you make a lot more than you would at a garage sale, and people schedule a time with you to come pick up the stuff. No sitting outside in the sun all day long!

So for now, we are back in Utah, staying with Janice Kay (my mom) until our house in NM is complete. I'm hoping this won't be too long because, no offense Mom, but I think we will drive one another nuts if this becomes long term. I love you!

7 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

How cute is Cecily all stretched out on the bed! That is such a long drive, and not a fun one. To bad Deron's parents aren't still in good old NM. When will your house be done? Should we get together or someting before you leave to go down there? Good luck with the living situation. We lived with my parents for a little while, and that was enough for all of us!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the BIG move! We have lots of stuff too. We have moved 7 times since we were married. We hope to be here for awhile. Best of luck with your upcoming plans!

Layne & Kellie said...

I hate packing too. We have all our boxes named so we just pull them out and we know what to pack. Good luck with the rest of your move. I'm sure you will love NM and the lovely tan you will have!! Maybe I will have to drive down and taste the pork salad from your restaurant! So oh so good!

Anonymous said...

Gee, thanks a lot! I didn't know I was driving YOU crazy - I just thought it was the other way around. Those are really cute pictures that I took! XOxo

Devon said...

We really should get together before you leave again (since you won't be at the reunion). Cecily is so darling in her pictures, and it would be fun to see her in real life! Of course, we all know where your mom lives, so I guess I could stop by next time we are visiting the big city (that's what we call Orem now that we live out in the boonies). Let me know!

Megan said...

Cecily is so cute- and so is her name. I must say that I love craigs list. I have found some good stuff!

Rachel said...

Jen, good luck with the move. What an adventure. Your little girl is darling as well. Take care, I'm sure you'll feel like NM is home in no time!