Monday, May 28, 2007

Moo, Neigh, Quack, Quack!

My brother Nate, his wife Annie and their daughter Elle were in town this last week, so we went to Thanksgiving Point's petting zoo on Friday.



Cecily, Ashley & Elle






We tried to get them ALL to hold hands, but of course they don't want to cooperate for pictures!





That's a big horse!






The rabbits are my favorite!






Please, Mom?




A soft baby sheep.




MMM, the perfect end to my day at the farm!


Cecily enjoyed this trip to the zoo a lot better than the last time we went, on her first birthday. That time, a cow came up to her and scared her right at the beginning, so she wasn't too thrilled the rest of the day. This trip, however, she was very interested in seeing all of the animals, and especially enjoyed talking to them in their language (she is a big fan of animal noises)! She still didn't want to go on the pony ride, but she was daring enough to feed some corn to a goat. But then we had to get her away from there, because she kept trying to pick up corn from the ground and put it in her own mouth! GROSS!

11 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

That looked like a lot of fun! My favorite pic was the one with the ice cream! She is adorable. I can't believe that your family lives in so many places. Remember the good old days, when we were just all down the street from each other, and we would walk home from school. Where did the time go? we have been friends for like what, 24/25 years now? Alright, I just depressed myself with how old I am. Here's to good friends!

Michelle Y said...

Cecily looks so much like Derrick!! How cute, it looks like you had a great time. My girls really enjoyed Thanksgiving Point petting zoo when we went last summer. I'm coming in town in 3 weeks, will you still be around??!! I hope, it would be great to get together again.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

This "blog" thing is very cute - and good. Of course, the "subject matter" (the little girls) is what's important. XOxo

Megan B said...

Love that ice cream shot!!!! When exactly are you going down to NM?

Jen Tornow said...

Megan, we are just waiting for our house to be finished down in NM. Talked w/ builder yesterday. He says a week. I am SO ready! It's hard to fully function in someone else's home.

Devon said...

Okay Jen, totally enjoy it while she won't ride the pony ride because once she starts, you are going to be spending all day and tons of money on the dang ponies! Trust me. I wish McKinley were still scared of them, because now I avoid going to petting zoos because she will drive me crazy asking to ride the ponies over and over again! Good luck with the new house! Sorry I didn't make it down to see you before you left!

Megan said...

Isn't it fun building a house? I bet the cost of living in NM is cheaper than outrageously expensive Utah Valley. Maybe you could still have your dream home and pay less for it! Sorry you had to give it up for now. That would be hard.

Megan said...

p.s. I'll start adding my last initial to my comments so the two Megan's don't get confused. This is Megan Dehart.

Jen Tornow said...

Megan D. Guess what? It is actually MORE expensive to build in NM! Insane, right? Apparently, since there are not enough subs, etc. they really inflate the prices. And higher priced homes tend to stay on the market for a long time, so we didn't dare spend a ton on a house there, since we don't know how long we will be there. Rentals do pretty well there, though. We have a townhome there that we rent for over 1 1/2 times the mortgage!

Megan said...

That's crazy! I didn't realize that I commented about the house on the wrong post! Sorry. Some day-you will have the dream home back!

Megan said...

Megan D.