Monday, February 23, 2009

Decadence and St. George

This last weekend our friends, The Kandells, invited us to their 2nd Annual Dessert Night.  The photo above is just a sampling of the beautiful spread they had.  Check out their Blog for more mouth-watering photos.  I'm sure Derrick and I aren't the only ones who felt they got spoiled and went home with a sugar high (and a bit of a tummy ache)!  Thanks to Eric and Hailey for being such great hosts and friends.


Valentine's Day weekend, we went down to St. George to see the Parade of Homes there.  We definitely noticed that the homes were not done as extravagantly as they have been done in years past---we assume builders are being more conservative since the housing market in St. George has not done so well recently.  But we did see a few fun things.  Since we are in the process of trying to decorate our home, we were looking for some ideas.  Here are some photos of a few of the things we liked:



Does this backyard look like fun, or what?




I LOVED the granite backsplash with the insta-hot water dispenser over the cooktop.



This is a slide that goes down under the trampoline.  There is a sandpit for the kids to play in at the bottom.




We've been wanting to put some built-in cabinetry in our office, and we liked this idea of doing a whole built-in desk, as well.




This home had it's own ice cream shop!  I don't know that I would have put it right next to the kitchen, though.  I would have done it in the basement, I think.  But it was really cute.



I thought this bathroom was very pretty.  I didn't like their choice of tile on the floor, but I thought the cabinets, countertops and mirrors were pretty.



This pool had a fun sprinkler area for the kids to run around and splash in.  I wish the weather in Utah County was warmer through a greater part of the year, as I would LOVE to have a swimming pool!


On Valentine's night, we were still in St. George, and Derrick made reservations for us to have dinner at Haven.  It was a great restaurant.  The food and atmosphere were wonderful, even with it being very busy that night.  We definitely recommend it.  


8 comments:

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Oh I want an ice cream shop in MY house. I would love that! Thanks for coming to dessert night, it was fun!!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

PS. you dont need a pool just hang out at mine this summer.....

Devon said...

What great ideas! We've finally been putting up Window treatments at our house and starting to get things just right, and I need ideas too! I wish there were more websites with pictures of cool house ideas! And I really love that you got yelled at for climbing on the counters....that is hilarious!

Jessie said...

Oh my goodness!!! First of all, the dessert night, I HAVE NO WORDS!! What a great idea, and it all looked so yummy!

The pics of the homes look awesome, I especially love the ice cream shop and the pool! If you do either of those things, I may just have to come and check them out....mmmmmkay?

Miss you guys!! There is talk of us coming up there in April for Crews pics again with Katie, ill keep you posted!

Megan B ♥ said...

THose look like such great ideas! Except for the slide into the sand pit. I am AMAZINGLY claustrophobic.

Sherian said...

Oh my goodness, those desserts look divine! What a cute party idea!
I LOVE the parade of homes, so many fantastic rooms...oh, I love it! Those backyard pics make me want to move down there SO badly :)

Lisa said...

MMMM those treats look GOOOOOOD! Next year we should plan on going together to St. George. I thought the sand box under the trampoline was cool too- at least until one of the littler kids gets down there and you have to go down to get them out- and maybe get stuck too!!!

Shar said...

That dessert party looks awesome! Yummy desserts!

I especially love the fun backyard picture. St. George looked like fun! I've always wanted to go to the Parade of Homes. Maybe next year!

P.S. I now have a working phone with WORKING texts! Yay. I'll give you a call sometime so we can catch up!