Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I've Been Tagged...by Kellie!

1. How did you meet your spouse?


Derrick's roommate Jonathan was friends with my girlfriends and we all met up at Riverwoods in Provo to caravan up to Park City for dinner and games. When we met up with them, I saw Derrick for the first time and he was driving a bright yellow H2. This was back when Hummers were a novelty, and I remember thinking "Oh, gag, he probably thinks he's such a stud and has to have the perfect model girlfriend." So I was not expecting to have much interest in him, nor for him to have any in me. But he sat across from me at the Thai restaurant we went to, and since he had never eaten Thai food, he asked if I wanted to share something. Now if Derrick is telling the story, this is where he pipes in with "Oh, I wasn't just talking about sharing a meal, I was talking about sharing our lives together." Can it get more cheesy?!!? I love it! Anyway, to end the story, we ended up talking all night and both leaving wanting to get to know each other better.

2. What can you live without?

Stress and Cleaning



3. 3 Favorite Books

The Count of Monte Cristo

Jane Eyre

Pride & Prejudice

Yes, I am a fan of the classics!


4. Who was your first kiss?


I don't really want to say! Not that he isn't a cool guy. But it's just weird! Let's see if any of you can guess. I bet that Becky can figure it out if she thinks real hard!


5. What was your favorite subject in school?


Geology in 12th grade. Not exactly the subject, but the class was full of awesome, awesome people. The teacher was cool, and the field trips were a blast!





7. What do you do to get ready for bed?

Brush my teeth. Wash my face. Floss. Check on Cecily. Get in my pj's. Hop in bed. Kiss my hunny bunny goodnight. Watch the news until I go to sleep (This is a bad habit I learned from my husband. But at least I turn the timer on rather than have the TV on all night!)




7. If you were stranded on an island what is the one thing you would want to have?
Honestly, I would want my husband! We'd have such a blast!



8. Describe your ideal vacation (where, how long, who with, etc.)

Right now, I am really in the mood for a nice, romantic vacation on a beach somewhere with my husband. Of course, we'd both look absolutely fabulous in our swimsuits, I wouldn't be pregnant, and we would have a fantastic babysitter hanging out with our kids when we wanted to have some alone time (Cecily is just so dang cool---how could we leave her home?) Hmm. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think we'll go to Italy. No...how about Greece? Okay, I'll take anywhere at this point. I'm just ready for ANY vacation!


9. How did you know you were in love?You will think I'm full of crap, but I knew from the day I met Derrick that I would marry him. (And, NO, I did not think that about every guy I dated!) So I can't exactly remember a day that I KNEW I was in love. I think I just always was!



10. What is your favorite kind of gum?

It has to be sugarless, and I can't chew it for more than a half hour maximum, or it drives me nuts!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute Jen! Love the story about how you met your honey and how you knew you were in love - those are the best memories! I love reminising about that stuff! Sorry about so many hits to your blog - you just have the best music ever!

Natalie said...

I loved GEOLOGY and the field trips!!!! I was actually going to try and guess who your first kiss was. Hmmmm......... was it Kuhnimichi Takahashi??? (and I wanted to see if I could spell his full name) :) I'm kidding, I loved that guy, he was just the first one that came to mind from Junior high, then Scott Downs came into my mind:) Have I hit it at all? Ok I'm going to stop, and you can erase this if you want:)

Natalie said...

Jen, Just delete my comment. I should not have named any names. :)

Jen Tornow said...

Natalie, I had to post both because you make me laugh so hard! But to answer your questions about Kuni and Scott, the answers are No and No. Kuni and I were only ever just good friends, and Scott and I "went together" in eighth grade, but that only went as far as phone calls! He was grounded the whole time!

Michelle Y said...

I loved reading your answers. I have to agree with the vacation comment, anywhere would be great! I love the music on your blog, I plan to keep it up today to listen to.

jennie said...

huh. I had the biggest crush on Scott Downs in 8th grade. I had no idea you were my competetion. Can we possibly be friends anymore? What about Tyler Palmer. Did you kiss him?

Jen Tornow said...

Wow, Jennie, you're good!

Johnson said...

What??? That's it???? I was sure I really knew who it was...was I there? Oh, now I am needing the story....email me!!! I loved all of your answers!!! I am so glad that you and Derrick are happy..oh and Cecily of course too!!! How are you feeling by the way???

Natalie said...

OH man , why didn't I think of Tyler Palmer! Thats Dang funny! Wait Scott was my boyfriend to, I think he was Two-timing us! What a Jerk! Ok, I'm crackin myself up here. Jennie the TRUTH comes out! Wasn't Junior High so fun and looking back so funny.

Layne & Kellie said...

Wow!! Tyler Palmer! Did you guys "go out"? ;) Blast Jennie!! She is a good guesser or does she know something we all don't? hmmmm

Loved your comments. Awesome! I still remember your reception in Lindon. You looked BEAUTIFUL and you looked so happy. My mom was so excited when you got engaged. She and I thought you both looked so good together!

P.S. She is still working at UVOS. She asks about you when I talk to her. She is back full time now that Megan has left.

Megan said...

So funny that you gagged at his yellow H2! Jr. High years were the best ever! Great answers!

Sharlynn said...

What fun answers and what even was more fun was reading all the comments on the guessing of who you kissed. I have to admitt that I thought you meant Becky Philipp when you said Becky should know and so I immediately thought Craig. I am a dork I know. Sounds like all of you had a great time in Jr. High too bad I wasn't there you would have 10 times even more fun. Just kidding.

Annie said...

Funny how I took Geology in the 12th grade as well, and had a completely different experience! :) Cute post.

Dottie Stay said...

Those weregreat answers, and very entertaining!! Tyler Palmer eh? I was such a loser in Jr high, I didn't know any of the guys, and i was too shy to even talk to any of them. By the way, on my post, I did not mean that you were a bad little girl!! What are ou talking about! You are a sweetheart, and you know that a lot of things we did together, so if you very a little naughty, hen so was I. hey, what Janice and Rosie don't know can't hurt them!

Karin said...

Geology ROCKed!!! You know your table was only second coolest to the one behind you... remember when Naranjo showed up 20minutes into class with donuts? Good thing Krispy Kreme wasn't around then- it would've happened daily...

Rachel said...

So funny- I was in love with Scott Downs from 2nd - 4th grade. Then he moved and found you! What's even funnier is that Troy served his mission with him and now we run into him and his wife every once in a while. What a small world. He was such a cutie wasn't he?

Jen said...

I was in love with Scott Downs in grade school! But, we called him "Scottie". He wouldn't give me the time of day! I love hearing how you met your husband. I had never heard the story. Fun stuff! And, the above cake recipe looks awesome!

Jules said...

Thanks or answering the questions on your blog. I think it is wonderful that the thing that you would want on a deserted island is your husband.