Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It's about freaking time!

Yes, I am FINALLY taking the time to actually write a post. I have been a little tired (i.e. LAZY) these last few weeks, so the most I have done regarding blogging is read and comment on other people's blogs! And with so much going on in my life right now, it's really quite stupid of me since I have already forgotten all of the "important" things I was going to write about!

So I'll just write about what happens to pop into my head.

The Restaurant:

My handsome stud of a husband is currently in Utah (again) doing training. He is training our manager and head chef up there for the next couple of weeks. Hooray!!! We were very happy that they were willing to go up to good ol' Utah. However, that leaves me without a husband (again) for a couple of weeks. I am staying in Farmington holding down the fort and taking care of whatever Derrick needs me to do for the restaurant while he is away. Hopefully I won't screw everything up! Progress is FINALLY being made on the build-out. We were held up for a couple of weeks waiting for the building permit, but things are really moving now. Here are some pics:

We are really excited about the location. It's a brand new building (very hard to come by in this town) located right on Main Street. There are 4 units in this building and we are taking up the front two with the restaurant.





The framing is now complete.





We are really pleased with how it is turning out, and think that this will be a very nice-looking location. There will be a water wall coming down from the "figure-8-looking" area.

Our Home:

Melinda Stailey's husband will probably think I am crazy for saying this, but I LOVE FARMINGTON! I love living here! I love the people here! No, there is not much to do, but I really am enjoying my time here so far! We've already made some great friends, and after the last neighborhood we lived in, it has been a breath of fresh air to feel like our neighbors actually like us! And it just continues to get better. It will be nice, once things calm down with the restaurant, to explore this town a little more. I keep meaning to take pictures of our house, but I always forget to take them when it's clean, and I still have some unpacking to do and a few pieces of furniture to purchase. But here are a few I have been able to get:

Who would have known I'd live in such a strange looking house? But hey, when in Rome...(I mean Farmington) The door is pretty ugly, so we are going to get a new one, and hopefully we will get a yard in soon. I love our oversized 3-car garage. Garages in our neighborhood are apparently required to have extra space...for a golf cart. (No, our extra space doesn't contain a golf cart--although Derrick already plans to get one so he and a few of the neighbors can start their "golf cart posse." Our extra space is currently full of boxes, and I am happy to have the extra room!)


We love to relax out on our back patio. It is fun to watch the sky here. It rains just about every night, and you can literally watch the storms roll in. We get some pretty awesome lightning storms. It's funny, though, because it can pour all night long, and there is no sign of it in the morning because the soil just sucks the water right up!

Our Living Room

I still have pictures and things to hang on the walls, and I would like to get a nice coffee table.


We had our builder customize our fireplace. We don't like the style they do here, so it was probably a frustrating job for our builder to figure out what the heck we wanted, but we thought he did a pretty good job!

Our Bare Family Room



Cecily's Room






The Master Bedroom




The Master Bath




Cecily:


Cecily has been such a good little girl. She is such a good helper and so nice to have around, especially since Derrick has been gone so much. I think she misses him when he is gone, though, because whenever she is around any other father figure when Derrick is gone, she will cuddle up to them and play. She couldn't care less about me! But I love her so much! My mom says that I take more pictures of Cecily asleep than awake, and here I've done it again. I just can't help it! She's so stinking funny!

She insists on taking a few toys to bed with her, and when she wakes up, she has to take everything out (including all of her pillows and blankets!) And yes, she STILL loves stickers, although she has found a new favorite spot to layer them on!

14 comments:

Jen said...

Love the house, love the restaurant, love the sleeping little girl! How fun. One of these days a few of us from Utah should take a road trip and visit. (Only if we get discounts on the salads at Costa Vida!:)) I am so glad things are working out for you. It would be a little scary moving to a brand new place!

Jen Tornow said...

Oh, I would LOVE a visit!!!! Love Love Love!!! And Salads would definitely be on me!

Dottie Stay said...

Everything looks FANTASTIC!!!! I love your house. The resturant looks wonderful! I would say we would be down to visit, but I may have to promise Deron things I really don't want to. I think it is great down there, and more importantly, I am so happy that you are having an awesome experience and you have good friends. They need to take care of you since Derrick is gone a lot, and none of us up here can come over and visit!

Layne & Kellie said...

So glad you got more pics up. I loved seeing pics of the restaurant. I've actually never seen a framed out version befores. So cool. Sounds like you guys are moving pretty good with the business. I'm excited for you.

Love your house. So cute. You have great taste! That tub in the master bath is sweet. I bet that makes for a great bath.

Cecily is so cute. Love the stickers. Owen has to take toys with him to bed. He also has to take everything out with him. So I end up carrying all of the bedding and him.

Glad you are enjoying Farmington!!

Shar said...

I think you need one more love sac in the family room, and I know just where you can get one. Let me know next time you go to the restaurant, I'd love to see it. See you bright and early!

Layne & Kellie said...

Jen-Go to www.projectplaylist.com. It will show you how to create a play list and stick on your blog page. Melinda got me hooked. I love having it and listening to it. Plus, it is fun to hear what other people have on their sites too. I'll look forward to hearing yours!!

Johnson said...

Jen I love everything. I is so much fun to see the house and see how everything is coming along!!! Did you guys end up selling both of your other homes???

I am sorry that your husband is always gone. That would be so hard but it sounds like you are making the best of the situation and I am glad that you are making friends because that is always nice to make you feel a little more at home!!!

I have a couple of cousins who just moved down to New Mexico who actually really love it there!!! I am glad things are working out!!!

Dottie Stay said...

You are so good to me! Thanks for the comments on my blog. You tell me what to write about that would be wonderful! I think you have the best ideas all the time. No wonder you are good at verything you do! Love you!

Anonymous said...

It is about freaking time! I thought you fell off the face of the earth. Just kidding. I know you are busy. Your house looks awesome. I am so glad you are enjoying Farmington.

Devon said...

I love all the pictures! The house looks great! I love how different houses are all over the country depending on where you are...and it's so fun to see yours! And Cecily is such a cutie. You are way brave to take pictures of her sleeping though! I have no idea what Kennedy looks like asleep because we close her door and she wakes up the second we open it, so we never go in. And sleeping kids are the cutest! Anyway, I'm glad to see where you are and to hear from you again!

Rachel said...

Good to hear from you finally! I've been waiting to hear what's been going on. Your house is beautiful and Cecily is so cute! Good luck with the restaurant!

Megan said...

Good job adjusting to a new place and getting all moved and settled without a husband- you rock! It took me atleast 6 months to get it together. The restaraunt looks like it will be so nice. Your house is beautiful!

Annie said...

Okay, how funny are those stickers! So funny. It looks like she fell asleep in the midst of reading her book. I'm so glad you made friends so quickly--that makes such a big difference! I have been in Houston for 2 years, and I still feel like I need friends. But when we were in Austin, I had friends immediately. I guess it's just the luck of the draw. I think we might be driving to Utah at Christmas time, and if we happen to drive home through your neck of the woods, we'll have to come check out your new digs! Glad to have you back to the blogosphere. Take care!

Shar said...

Jen,
To answer your comment. I totally did. A couple of times.