Monday, August 27, 2007

Recipes Just Don't Do It...Or So Says My Husband

Derrick told me that I need to update the blog because "recipes just don't do it." So I guess I'll give an update on what's going on with us.

The Restaurant:

The signs are going up! Progress is being made! The fire sprinklers went in last week, and the drywall is going up. Our head chef and Manager finished their training in Utah, so now we've got to get the rest of our crew hired and get this place open! We have been working on our plans for the grand opening, and are getting excited! Good Job Derrick for getting all of the many tasks on your list completed.
Our American Fork House:
A few of you may remember me writing about the home we were building in Utah before we decided to move down to NM. It's pretty close to being completed. Here are a few updated pictures. I'll get some better ones of the inside of the home the next time I go up there. It should be complete in about a week or so.

Cecily:

What can I say about my favorite girl? I took her on her first official "Play Date" today, and she had a great time. She loves being around little kids, and she actually shared when I told her she needed to share! (I was so proud!)

Cecily has started sleeping in a big bed. We had started having her sleep in our guest bedroom bed, because she was getting so crowded in her crib with all of the toys she brings to bed with her (as well as the fact that she is just getting so big!). So when Grandpa Tornow came to stay with us a few nights ago, she was a little bugged that she didn't get to sleep in "her" bed!

She loves to play with her big legos.

She loves bean burritos.

My favorite thing she says: "Oh, thank you, mommy!"

She has these miniature Disney princess dolls, and Belle is her ABSOLUTE favorite! She takes her with her EVERYWHERE! To bed, on walks, to her cousins house, to church, to the grocery store, everywhere! She is a total mommy to her Belle doll. We had dinner at Mike and Ivy's house (Derrick's brother & sister-in-law who live here in Farmington), and as we were leaving Cecily absolutely went to pieces when we put her in the car. It wasn't until we were almost home that we realized that she was saying "Belle" (not ball, like we thought). I had forgotten that she had taken Belle to their house, so we felt REALLY bad that we caused Cecily's baby to be left. And that's exactly how Cecily felt about it! Bebe Numero Dos:


We went to our appointment earlier this week to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Dr. V couldn't find the baby's heartbeat, so he sent us over to the hospital for an ultrasound. Everything is fine, but the baby is just measuring smaller than the 13 weeks they thought I was at (which is why my due date has changed on my counter. The new estimated due date is March 8th). It was really fun to see the baby. He was moving his arms and legs like crazy. It's so amazing that something so small can be so developed! I'm in love with this kid already!


24 comments:

Kristen said...

Jen,
What area of American Fork is your house being built in? It looks just like one that is near us.
Kristen (Wright) Preston

Jen Tornow said...

Kristen,
It is just about a half mile north of the new Costco. I know Becky's house is near it, and I gather from comments I've read on her blog that you live near her??

Megan said...

yea, with the progress on the restaurant. Your AF house is right next to my sisters. It's beautiful.
How fun to have family in NM with you! As always Cecily is gorgeous!
I'm glad that all is well with the baby!

Anonymous said...

I just went over to the house, and the banisters are all in, so it's really looking finished! Carpet is beautiful, the kitchen is fabulous, and all the lights are working. And the master shower--oh my! So if anyone wants to take a trip to see the place, let me know: I have the keys and the power! (ha ha) Love the latest Cecy pic--of course with a book! Love you and miss you. :o)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the resturant stuff is coming along. Wish it was getting built here! How nice to have family close by. Cecily is so darn cute! Love the picture! Your AF house is a beauty!

Natalie said...

Jen, I just want to squeeze that little Cecily:) She is a doll! I'm glad the restaurant is coming along:) I'm glad they found that little baby squirming around in there. Hope your feeling good!

Karin said...

Don't be surprised if my husband shows up for a smothered burrito one evening- he'd likely drive the distance from San Antonio for one of those! Good luck as things get closer to finished!!! And exciting about the tiny one- always nice to have an excuse for another ultrasound, glad (s)he's healthy...

Annie said...

I just might make the trip from houston to eat at your new restaurant! I love those pork salads. mmmmm, just thinking about is making my mouth water!

Johnson said...

Yeah, Yeah, and Yeah!! I am so excited for you. It will be so nice when the store opens and you can actually feel like all this work was worth it. And as for the A.F house...I love it and I find myself driveby it sometimes...just dreaming! Have you guys sold it by the way? Congrats on the baby. I am always so relieved to have that first ultrasound. I can't wait to see what you are having. Cecily is so cute and just sounds like she has the cutest personality.

Rachel said...

Good to hear the update! I'm glad everything is alright with the baby- it's scarey not to hear a heartbeat! Hope the other house sells soon! By the way, I liked the recipie post!

Sharlynn said...

What a fun post. thanks for the update. Sounds like you have a lot going on in your life right now. I hope it keeps going well for you.

Sharlynn said...

I just noticedc on your blg there is a Kerri Johnson so I clicked on it and found Jeff or Jason Johnson. I think it is Jeff. Anyway, I didn't know you kept in touch with them. Do you know his wife?

Kristen said...

I knew I had been by that house! I think we may have even walked through it before. It is in our old ward boundaries. It really is beautiful! It would have been fun to have you live so close but I know you are doing great things in New Mexico! It is fun to read about your cute family!

Dottie Stay said...

Tell Derrck that the recipes posts aren't bad at all, and they totally count as a post. The resturant looks soooo NICE!! You guys should be so proud. Your AF house is just beautiful! I am sure that it is just perfect inside. With all of the knowledge that you guys have in real estate, someone is going to get a fabulous house! So glad to hear the babe is doing well!! What do you think it is? Does Cecily understand that she will have her own real little doll in a little while. Can't wait to hear more news. You are wonderful!

Jen Tornow said...

Sharlynn, I met Jeff's wife back when they were dating. She is such a cute, fun girl! Some of the other girls have been keeping touch with her on their blogs, and we started posting comments on each other's blogs, as well. You should get to know her! She's fantastic!

Layne & Kellie said...

So fun to see pics. You are almost there with the business. I bet it will be so much fun when it is up and running. Your house in AF is beautiful. I love the staircase split and the rock entry. You guys have great taste! As for Cecily, she of couse is oh so cute. We have put Owen in a toddler bed and he loved it. He also takes a lot of toys with him to bed. We had to start taking toys out of his room because he would spend so much time playing before going to bed. Congrats on the heartbeat. I think that is one of the coolest things. It is fun to hear. Glad things are going good for you!!

Jen said...

I am so excited for all the progress on the restaurant and the house! We drove by the house the other day-- not knowing it was yours-- but saw the Turnow sign in the front and figured this was it! It is beautiful! I still love the sound of Spencer saying "Mommy". It melts my heart! So, I can relate! Love hearing about your life!!!

Rebecs said...

That AF house is beautiful! So what is the situation, are you staying in New Mexico long term or are you coming back to the AF house? I cannot believe that you are 13 weeks and they already know your having a boy! Congratulations!!

Tyler Palmer!!!!! I'll admit he was cute at the regional dances, but than again so was Abe Richards!! I love Abe too but what a weirdo!

Jen Tornow said...

Becky, we don't necessarily know if we are having a boy. I just keep thinking of this baby as a boy, so it just comes out that way when I talk (or write) about the baby! However, the lady who did our ultrasound did say she kept seeing something that could be a penis (to which Derrick responded that the baby is "Tornow Terrific"), but the baby is still so small, it's hard to be positive. When we were 16 weeks along with Cecily, we were told she was a boy. So we called her Max for a good month before our next ultrasound. Which makes us a little hesitant to believe anything at this point!
In regards to your question about our AF house, we are planning to sell it. I would love to be able to keep it, but it's just too big to keep as a second home! We will probably be in NM for several years.

Jules said...

Your restaurant is coming along. I love the recipes! Your house is so beautiful, too bad that you are selling it. Cecily, is so cute. I love to hear about her. I like hearing about what she likes. I think it is cute that she didn't get to sleep in "her" bed. Poor Ceily and her "Belle" doll. I am glad that Baby #2 is fine. I bet it was scary at first, to not hear the heartbeat. I am glad that you were able to get an ultrasound.

Michelle Y said...

It is so good to hear things are going well for you guys in NM. I am so excited to try Costa Vida one of these days, it looks awesome. It will be so exciting to finally hear if "Tornow Terrific #2" is a boy or a girl.

malia said...

A few things:

1) Congrats on the new baby. so exciting.

2) Cecily is so cute. You must be so proud.

3) Your house is looking great. That must be a nice feeling to see the progress.

4) Recipes are cool, but I agree, it's nice to get a "real" update. But I'm excited to try out those marshmallow things...

5) Oh, and yeah. I kind of stalked you. Hope that's alright. :)

Shar said...

You guys better plan on staying in NM FOREVER! We would miss you guys too much if you moved. And yes, we will be home tomorrow. Ahhhh, home sweet home... I am so ready!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had added to your blog; I don't look often enough, I guess. Love the picture of Ces asleep - her favorite picture-taking pose! XOxo