Wednesday, February 20, 2008

(Yes this is my 3rd post of the day) Who has the BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD?

No offense, girls, but I DO!! I cannot begin to tell you all how proud I am of my husband. It has been an extremely stressful and trying time for Derrick the past couple of months, and he still has me thinking I'm the luckiest girl in the world!

Derrick has been working a minimum of 14-hour days (usually more like 18!) for the last few weeks, trying to get the restaurant running more efficiently (don't get me wrong--it's going well, but we want to bring it to the next level). Then his General Manager decided to leave, so Derrick has been having to add that work on top of everything. Being on his feet all day in such a fast-paced environment has been very wearing on Derrick, but I am so proud of him for sticking to it and getting things done. I have felt like no help since I'm so pregnant and have Cecily to take care of. But he hasn't made me feel like I have needed to be helping him, which I so appreciate, since I'm one of those people who feels extremely guilty if I don't feel like I'm doing my part.

Anyway, on Valentines day, Derrick left the house at 4:30am to take a guy from corporate to the airport. I had told Derrick that we were just going to bag Valentines Day this year so that he wouldn't feel any pressure to do anything for me. But look at what I woke up to Valentine's Day morning:


Isn't he the best? He even got Cecily a Valentine and this cute little outfit!


And what did I do for him? Oh, yeah, um....nothing. I swear. He is so lucky to have me.

13 comments:

Shar said...

How nice! You are so lucky!I love all of the Valentine vases!

Rachel said...

So sweet. Don't worry about not doing anything for him this year- in a couple weeks you'll be giving him a baby. That's a pretty amazing present!

Erin said...

Hey I found your blog from shars site. I just thought I would say hi. Hope all is well. Erin D

Karin said...

I'd say you're BOTH pretty lucky. Being 'single mom' (14-18 hour work days is just about equivilant) and prego is a huge task in and of itself! But i DO love the layout of vases and flowers- and when did he have time to go shop for an outfit for Cecily?! Lucky indeed!

Sharlynn said...

How sweet! What a guy! You are one lucky gal I have to agree. Cecily looks way cute too. Good luck with the last few weeks of being pregnant. I hope all goes well.

Dottie Stay said...

What a awesome husband! Cecily looks so cute in her outfit! How thoughtful is he? He is so motivated. What a great guy you have! That baby shower looks like a total blast! I wish I could have been there! Can't wait to see the new babe!

Johnson said...

Wow, I am so impressed! Tell him to touch Greg the next time he sees him and maybe something will rub off on Greg. My nice husband tried. He walked into the house three days before Valentines day..his sister was there and dropped a grocery bag on my lap and said.."happy valentines day." That was it. The grocery bag had some treats in it and a book I was wanting to get....so he tried but could he be any less romantic??

I can't believe how you scored at the baby shower. That is so nice.

KTLADY said...

How cute. Everything! You guys have a really cute little family! Looks like you scored at the shower! You know, it's nice to have new things for the new baby, huh? Oh! A friend of mine is due right at the same time as you. Maybe you'll be in the hospital together! It's so funny I feel like I know you and I only met you once. Maybe someday we can visit!

Erin said...

Of course you can add me and I will add you too. I just feel so blessed to have Kayben! We have been on a journey and to actually have him here with us is amazing. I cant wait to see your little one! How is cecily?

Tiffany said...

What a cute valentine!!! So sweet! (Don't ask what Ryan did for Valentines...he bought himself a TV!) haha :) Your shower looked so fun! I love the cake and the cute girly outfits. Thanks for posting the love tag, it was hilarious. Must have been some memorable kiss if Derrick "attacked" you...

Jen said...

So fun! And I love the baby shower pics, too. You are one lucky girl! I can't wait for baby number two!

Anonymous said...

What a cute husband you have! What a fun shower! Such cute things! Love your happy pushing cake!

Amy Morris said...

What a great love day you had! Your daughter is darling! I love your Happy PUshing cake- how cute is that! and how creative are all your friends! What a fun shower! I can't believe you only have 11 days, give or take a few! Wow! So exciting!