Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I must have had some guts this day!

Anyone who has known me for a long time knows that I have refused to cut my hair short ever since the seventh grade.  I've had haircuts, but I've never gone shorter than several inches below my shoulders.  Why?  I've never liked my hair short, and my hair does not grow very fast at all.  Well, I haven't been loving  the way I look lately (mostly due to the weight I gained during pregnancy that still has not come off), so when I was in Utah, I had my darling sister in law chop my hair off...twice!  My hair was so long it was touching the top of my pants, and the first haircut, we went about 5 inches and it was still really long.  So for some reason, I got really brave, called Annie and told her I wanted her to do it again!  Below is the hair from my 2nd haircut:  (I know, pretty gross)!

I don't have any pictures of the finished product because although I like the haircut, I'm still not liking pictures of me, so you'll just have to imagine how it looks!  I just had to let you know that I had a brave day!

10 comments:

Shar said...

I love the new length. And color. I think it looks great and definitely suits you!

Sharlynn said...

Wow you can't tell us that you cut your hair and not let us see what it looks like. I can't believe how long your hair was. I am sure your hair looks darling now. Please post a picture.

Megan B ♥ said...

Wow! Can't wait for the grand reveal!

Michele said...

I completely understand the pregnancy weight thing. We are in the same boat there. However, let's see a picture of your new cut! (It took all I had to post a pic of myself on my blog, just take a pic from the neck up!)

Jen Tornow said...

I can't take a pic from the neck up because when I'm heavy it shows in my face. Double chins...not so hot.

Tiffany said...

Jennifer! You better post a picture for those of us who can't see you! That is too much of a teaser. I understand not liking pictures of yourself, I feel the same way, I feel like my face is humongous. But you ALWAYS look great, so I don't quite believe you. I have been thinking of chopping my hair, so I DEFINITELY need to see yours before I decide! Good for you though! I'm glad you like it. Now let's see it!!!

Lisa said...

For those of you who haven't seen her haircut, it looks SOOOOOOO cute!! Jen- just post a picture, you look darling.

Anonymous said...

Don't be so silly - you look darling!

That IS a gross picture of the hair. Cute slippers on the person sitting there, though! xo

Sherian said...

What a tease! I really want to see the new do...I bet it looks awesome!

crystal said...

What?! You won't post pictures of your HOT self??? Unfair. You'd make fatties like me feel much better if we could all be real together. I'm not loving my post-pregnant self, either. Does that give you a moment of therapy?