Thursday, June 26, 2008

This sweet little girl is one of my favorite things...


I've been noticing lately that Cecily is really growing up.  It makes me kind of sad that she is getting so big, but at the same time, I am loving being able to see what a sweet little girl she is becoming.

Yesterday, she was listening to Primary songs on the IPod as I was getting ready.  I had the baby on the bed, and when I came in to check on them, I saw that Cecily had climbed onto the bed and had put one of the earphones in Ainsley's ear so that she could hear the music, too.  It was so cute to see the two of them just hanging out together and listening to music!

Cecily LOVES her little sister.  Whenever Ainsley wakes up, Cecily will run up to me asking, "Is Ainsley awake?"  And she will insist on following me into Ainsley's bedroom to get her.  She has to have her stool up to the crib so that she can watch me pick Ainsley up.  She loves to go get Ainsley's diapers and wipes, give her her plug, and rub Ainsley's head as she says, "Ohhh, Ainsley, Ohhh, Cute!"  I am starting to suspect that she is trying to feed Ainsley treats when I'm not looking...  But what are big sisters for, right?

Anyway, I have just been thinking a lot lately about how lucky I am to have such a great little Cec.  Her funny personality is always making me laugh, yet she always knows when I need a big tight hug, and will give them to me all the time.  I just love this little girl so much!

These pictures were taken when Cecily and Derrick had a Daddy-Daughter day with Nate & Brett Allen at the Allen's cabin.  She is such a daddy's girl, and I LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute pictures of Daddy and Cec! She sounds like a little sweetheart with a cute personality. You are lucky to have such a cute family. I can't believe she is almost 3! I swear she was just born!!! :)

Johnson said...

She is a cutie! Isn't it awesome to witness the bond between siblings..I love it!!

Megan B ♥ said...

She's so darling! Congrats!