Sunday, June 22, 2008

YEP...

She likes that thumb. I swear she would have swallowed her entire fist tonight if it were detached from her arm! And the slobber!! I'm surprised our whole family hasn't drowned yet! If it weren't so darn cute, I would have to do something about it. She just lays there with both hands fighting for room in her mouth while she just jabbers and jabbers! Sometimes it sounds like she is being fussy, but she's actually just talking up a storm...and not being quiet about it!This little gal is still cute...Last night we were in the car driving home, and our friends were picking up some pizza and meeting us at our house. Derrick was being silly and sing-songing "We're gonna have a pizza party," over and over. So Cecily joined in and added in her "Oh yeah, oh yeah!" I turned around to look at her and she's totally into it and rolling her arms as she cheers. It was really cute! Hey Mom, I think Cec looks like a Thomas in the picture below. What do you think?
Anyone feel like making some yummy cookies? I just made these delicious ones (but then, I think ANYTHING with chocolate is good). You can get the recipe off of my recipe blog. They are my Chocolate Chunk and Toffee Chip Oatmeal Cookies.
Was this the lamest post ever? I'd say it's up there.

10 comments:

Grant and Jessie Pennington said...

Yes Ainsley does love that thumb! I had a hard time getting her plug in her mouth, I think she wanted her thumb too...or maybe she just knew that I had already dropped her plug a time or two on the movie theater floor. SO SORRY!

Second, Cec is so cute, do you think that flower she is wearing in her hair will look good on my little boy? Probably not.

Third, those cookies look pretty tasty! Good thing I wasnt with you when you made those, otherwise you wouldnt have a picture of them...maybe just a gooey mess in my mouth. Sorry for the visual.

Megan B ♥ said...

Not a lame post. A great one :)

Devon said...

Such cute pictures! And I love babies sucking on their hands. Maddox actually got his entire fist stuck in his mouth a few months ago, and he looked really startled. I totally had the urge to run and get the camera, but then I realized he might not be able to breath with his hand in there, so I just helped him get it back out. But I was so proud! What a talent my little guy has (or what a big mouth, at least!) Now I really wish I had gotten a picture of it...it looked hilarious! So, when are you guys planning to move back? Do you have to wait for your house down there to sell first? I hope not, we need some serious girl nights soon!

Anonymous said...

Does Ainsley actually suck her thumb - or just play with it? I still think Cecily is definitely a "clone" of Derrick, but I do see some Thomas "things" about her from time to time - sometimes her mouth reminds me of Nathan and Trish. She's a cutie, whatever she is! The cookies look so, so, so good. I can practically taste them looking at them. xo

Anonymous said...

Ainsley is growing up so fast! What a big girl sucking on her thumb! Such cute girls! Cookies look yum!

Rachel said...

Ainsley is starting to look more like Cecily! My son Brevyn sucks his thumb too. It's sweet!

Sharlynn said...

It is not a lame post. You have such cute girls how could it be lame. I love it when my kids do something out of the blue like add to a song or something. It is the cutest thing because you aren't expecting it. Your cookies sure look yummy. I want to take one right off the computer and eat it. Too bad I can't do that.

Erin said...

Those cookies look so Yummy. I wish I had the energy to make some right now. I am totally adding your recipe blog. So when Are you guys moving? We will have to do a girls night or lunch or something before you leave! Ainsley is getting sooo big. she is such a Doll.

Karin said...

Cute girls, yummy looking cookies.. tomorrow:)
I say the same rule applies to blogging that applies to questions- there are no stupid (or lame) ones. Hey- a new post is good!

Lisa said...

Glad you didn't burn your house down the other night! The girls look darling!