Thursday, June 26, 2008

And then we have a day like today...

Funny that I should post about my "sweet" Cecily this morning, and then we go and have a day like today.  Cecily is totally into clogging the toilet.  I've been noticing lately that the toilets have been getting a little clogged lately, but usually work fine after flushing them again.  Today I have figured out why.  My sweet little miss Cecily has been flushing entire rolls of toilet paper (okay, maybe not quite that much, but definitely close to 1/2 a roll) when she uses the toilet.  I never had a problem with her playing with the toilet paper when she was younger.  No, she has waited until now to discover how freaking cool unrolling the toilet paper is.  And instead of rolling it back up, it is way more cool to flush it down the toilet.  

So this morning I started suspecting that this was going on and I was listening to her as she was in the bathroom.  All of a sudden I hear this sweet, panicked voice say, "Go down!  Go down!"  But, no, the water was coming up and out of the toilet, not down!  Luckily, she had only "gone" number one.  Oh, wait!  That's just the first time she clogged the toilet.  The next time, she had totally pooped first, and then clogged it up again.  

This girl really is one of my favorite things.

Really.

7 comments:

gillman said...

jen, that makes me laugh! my kids used to stick the one end of the toilet paper in the toilet and flush it and watch the toilet paper unroll as it went down the toilet. it was a favorite"pastime"! i too have unclogged a toilet full of a whole roll of toilet paper( and believe me, when you have just moved into a new house and don't have a plunger handy, it is indeed an interesting situation!!) gotta love it! :0)
meg.

Grant and Jessie Pennington said...

Jen: So Derrick, she clogged the toilet again...

Grant: Who? Jessie?

Classic!

Megan B ♥ said...

Ewwy, yucky :)

About a year ago I heard this from upstairs:

"Tanner, come here! Tannnnnnnner, come HERE! Come heeeeeeere!! Good boy. MOMMY! Tanner is playing in the POTTY!!"

Sharlynn said...

The joys of having kids and having them go potty! Good luck in the future with those toilets.

Dottie Stay said...

That is so cute. I mean I know you want to go postal I am sure, but she really is such a sweetheart. My boys were fastinated with thte toilet paper as well. Why? I just don't get it. I guess the good always out weighs the bad though. Right?

Michelle Y said...

Such a cute little girl! Sounds like a typical "2 going on 3" year old- interested in toliets.

Anonymous said...

That's so hilarious! I can just hear her saying "go down, go down"! xoXO