Wednesday, July 9, 2008

SUMMER SCHOOL!

Cecily has been having so much fun these last few weeks doing Summer School.  A couple of friends and I have gathered our kids together 3 times a week (one day each at one another's home) for two hours and the kids have a lesson, activity and play time.  The kids love it, and I have to admit I have loved it, too.  And not just for the 4 hours a week I have one less kid!  I have really liked coming up with fun lessons and activities for the kids.  And Cecily is really learning things!  I love it!  Here are some pictures of a recent day at my house.  We were learning about the sense of hearing:

This is from another day.  Cecily with Aqua and Sophia.  
Aqua just moved away, and we are really sad.  Cecily really loves her, and they are good friends.  We wish her and her family the best.

Oh, and the best news is that Cecily is pretty much potty trained!!  HURRAY!  It's been a long time coming, mostly because I wasn't being consistent enough.  But Cecily finally decided that she can do it, and she loves wearing her cute panties!

10 comments:

Shar said...

I think it's great that she loves summer school! And I would LOVE the 4 h ours without a kid.

Grant and Jessie Pennington said...

Those pics on your couch with the kiddos making faces is pricless!!
Too cute!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how big your beautiful Cecily is!!! WOW! Time flies-she must take after her beautiful mom!!!:)) I can't believe I saw you there-we always run into each other-it's a sign that you need to move back and into our neighborhood-there's a beautiful home for sale right next to us-hint-hint:)) I promise I'll close my blinds when I'm walkin around in my underwear so I don't scar you for life:)) I'm adding you to my friend list. I hope that's ok and keep in touch and when you're moving back! I know I was so let down with the Miley thing-I felt so bad for my kids, they were so bored! Least you guys had a little entertainment it sounds like with the firework episode!:)) We were caked with ashes!

Sherian said...

what cute little friends! Cecily is such a cutie...she looks like she got spunk! Congrats on the potty milestone, those are huge events around our house. I've had two in diapers enough to know how amazing that feels.
BTW-thanks for your recipes! I've tried quite a few now, and they are all big hits. Thanks!

Dottie Stay said...

I too love the recipe website you have! You are such a great cook. What a great idea for the summer. Cecily is growing up so much! I can't beileve how big she is getting. I am sure your baby is growing like a weed too! They are so adroable!

Brenda said...

Good job Cecily!!! (I do leave posts on your blog Jennifer!) Is Ainsley able to wear that cute dress and shoes I bought her yet?? I think you should post a picture of her wearing it so I can see it on her.

Anonymous said...

What great faces! Hoorah for potty training. I knew she could do it!! Such a cutie. xo

The Thomas Family said...

That preschool is such a great idea. It looks like they are all having so much fun. When you guys get out here we should start something like that up.

Dramatic Imaging said...

When are you leaving? We need to hang out at least one last time and do something really fun.

Karin said...

You are so clever... cute kids look like they're loving it all! How fun for them- and you!