Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our Cecily is Three!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CECILY!

I can't believe our little princess is already three years old! It makes me so sad that she is growing up so fast, but I love seeing the wonderful little girl she is becoming.

Tonight we celebrated Cecily's birthday by having some friends and cousins over for pizza and ice cream cake.If you can't tell, the cake is a Tinkerbell cake. Cecily is still totally into the Disney princesses and fairies, so she was totally excited about this cake!

Sabrina, Sage, Cecily and Sophia

Some of our favorite things about Cecily:

Cecily has the sweetest voice. When she speaks, she shows "ownership" of the things she loves such as, "My Ainsley," "My Daddy," "My Jessie," "My Brett," "My Tinkerbell panties," "My raisins," "My kids," The last one referring to any child on the face of the earth. She absolutely LOVES other kids and is the friendliest little thing!

When Derrick gets home from work, she immediately goes running to meet him at the door and is ready to give him hugs and kisses. Cecily is very affectionate. She likes to give lots of hugs and kisses. And she gives THE BEST hugs and kisses!

Cecily is such a tease. She loves to play games and try to trick you. She is great at putting puzzles together, but she will pretend to put a piece in the wrong place and say, "Does it go here?" Of course she knows it doesn't but is just checking to make sure you are paying attention. Her mischievous look when she is doing this is priceless!

Cecily has very good manners (most of the time). Some of her first words were "please" and "thank you." She'll also throw in an "Excuse me" and "Bless you" here and there. If you sing the "clean up" song with her, she's totally up for cleaning.

Enthusiasm? Our Cecily's got it. Our favorite phrase from her is, "Oh, yeah! Oh, yeah!" Her excitement is really contagious. I hope she always has her zest for life.

Cecily has always been a very independent child. She likes to do things by herself. Although this can get her into trouble at times, it also makes her a very good helper at other times.

Many of you have probably noticed all of the pictures I have of Cecily sleeping. This is seriously one of the most amusing things about our Cecily. This girl can sleep ANYWHERE and through ANYTHING. Here are some of the most recent pictures I have taken of her sleeping. How on Earth did she not fall on her face?


It's so pathetic, I could cry! Don't worry, I put her in her comfy bed as soon as I was done taking pictures. The other night we got some dust or something in the smoke detector and it set all of the alarms off in our house at 11pm after we were all asleep. We all woke in a panic except for Cecily. She snoozed for the whole five minutes the alarms were going off! Even Derrick doesn't sleep that deeply!
Cecily got some roller skates for her birthday. Doesn't she look fabulous? She was SO excited!

Here's little Ainsley participating in the fun.

Well, Cecily, I hope you know how much we love you! Our lives would be missing something really special if we didn't have you in our family. We hope you continue to grow up with your enthusiasm, sweetness and laughter. WE LOVE YOU, PRINCESS!!

13 comments:

Rebecs said...

Happy Birthday Cecily!!! She really is a doll!. Falling asleep on exercise equipment? That is classic. Ainsley is getting so big and darling herself. Cute cake by the way.

Sherian said...

That was really sweet! I can't believe she can sleep like that, that's amazing! What an amazing girl! I love the cake and love Ainsley in that hat! Happy B-day!

Jules said...

I saw your blog address on your facebook--I can't believe Cecily is 3!!! She is so big and cute! And your new little one is so cute also!
Are you guys loving it down in NM? We miss hanging out with you!

gillman said...

so sweet jen! she is adorable. they grow up way to fast!
meg

Anonymous said...

Such funny pictures. She DOES get her sleeping habits from Derrick, though! Cute birthday hats; Ainsley looks so cute! She reminds me of Sylvia McKinney; same round face, full lips, etc. And your write- up is so cute. Be sure to save that so she can have it. xo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cecily! We can't believe you are three. We love you so much and we are so sad we couldn't be there for your birthday. We hope it was the best day ever.

Grant and Jessie Pennington said...

My Cecily!!
She is just too cute! I love the pictures I have of her in her helmet still wrapped up in the plastic! Too cute!

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

Happy Birthday Cecily!!! She couldn't be any cuter. I love the sleeping pictures. She must have some great core and arm muscles.

Lisa said...

I hope you got Ashley's message singing happy birthday! It looks like she had so much fun, and the picture of Ainsley is hilarious!

Michelle Y said...

Happy Birthday Cecily! She is adorable and has so much personality!

Megan B ♥ said...

Happy birthday, Cecily! I can't believe she is three already, the pics are priceless!

Brenda said...

Very cute entry!! Cecily is so cute and that picture of Ainsley is hilarious!

Sharlynn said...

All I can say is CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! I especially love the picture of Ainsley participating in the fun. Cute girls and what fun. Cecily sounds like a great kid. How could she not be though...she comes from a great mom!